Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Copper Gun - Help; Loading mechanism and valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Copper Gun - Help; Loading mechanism and valve

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:18 am

Hey everyone
I plan to make a copper gun, that will shoot 6mm ball bearings. I think the gun will look different to any i have seen here, except i have 2 problems, loading mechanism and the valve.

It will be a single shot gun, but im not sure how to make the loading mechanism, it must be bolt action, or something of that nature with a magazine of sorts, but above all, it must be simple.

I have seen this though, but i dont think it will work on my design.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GzLa1Cvcuo[/youtube]

With the valve, im not sure what would be better, a QEV or a barrel sealing piston valve.

Input would be great :D

Thanks
Marco :D

EDIT:
Im thinking just a breach loading mechanism, a magazine might over complicate things more than needed. So any input on a good breach loading mechanism for a small diameter pipe would be great :D

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

The 7 P's - Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

A QEV IS a commercial barrel sealing piston valve. So it's up to you whether you want to make or buy it.

You could use small telescopic tubes which fit over the size below extremely well.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Copper Gun - Help; Loading mechanism and valve

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 am

Marco321 wrote:Im thinking just a breach loading mechanism, a magazine might over complicate things more than needed.

A simple tee could be enough as a magazine, with a momentary trigger on a QEV it could potentially go semi-auto. Look what your compatriothas achieved ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:48 am

I have a system that would be better suited for this design however i need to test it and i want to be the first to use it(selfish of me but hey) so you will have to wait. It looks very nice, however i don't think the butt of the stock should be rounded how about making the butt so that you can res your shoulder on it and making a chin thing. What machining facilites do you have, and do you insist on a one shot design or would you be alright with a semi auto design too?

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:03 pm

I think i might buy a QEV, my last gun i made the valve, but i think in this case a QEV will work best.

JSR, i dont understand where the loading mechanism is? The reason im planning on a single shot is because i dont have a compressor or CO2 tank yet. I was thinking of the standard sleeved pipe method, but i was hoping for something else lol. But ideally a bolt action loading system would be ideal for me. Or possibly the semi auto loading system. But i still dont understand where the loading system was in the gun you linked JSR.

I plan on constructing a frame for the gun, so it will have a stock, and the chin thing as well. I plan to have a custom blowgun, with a proper handle.

Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 am

With a simple tee magazine, either spring or gravity fed, you should be fine:

The important thing is that your magazine tube is the same I/D as the projectile - so barrel material would be ideal - and you include some sort of detent or seal to stop the bearings rolling out.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:02 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:With a simple tee magazine, either spring or gravity fed, you should be fine:

The important thing is that your magazine tube is the same I/D as the projectile - so barrel material would be ideal - and you include some sort of detent or seal to stop the bearings rolling out.

Thanks JSR :D. But im looking for something more manual with a bolt or lever. Could i possibly use that tee idea, but the tee is seperated from the barrel by maybe a sleeve. So to load ammo i push the bolt forward, to let a ball in, then back to block of the tee section?

Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:20 am

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 am

-_- wrote:you could use something like this:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/tactica ... 19309.html

Thanks, i forgot about that beast! I think i finally have an idea, which is based of how i think the loading mech for that gun works. When i post my finished cannon, ill make a reference to where i got the design from :D. Thanks!

Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:10 pm

It looks very nice, however i don't think the butt of the stock should be rounded how about making the butt so that you can res your shoulder on it and making a chin thing.

That was the Girandoni rifle..not his idea..

You want a single shot, bolt action Qev gun with a stock and chin rest..you like the Girandoni rifle and are willing to drop the magazine issue?

DO I REALLY HAVE TO LINK TO IT MYSELF?!?!

Here you go:
:D

Thread found <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/updated-26th-sept-old-shatterhand-repeater-undy-t17827,start,150.html">here</a>

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Wow BTB just wow. That is amazing work!!! I don't believe I missed that when I was looking in the showcase! That is an impressive job! Your bolt and gun have given me lots of inspiration! Thanks you soo much.

I'll start buying the parts very soon :). Thanks everyone! Any more comments are still welcome :)

P.s. I will refernce you BTB, and this thread when I post up my cannon and buildlog.

Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Feel free to copy any design and alter it in any way you like...

As always..

I can;t wait to see your version..

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Brian the brain wrote:Feel free to copy any design and alter it in any way you like...

As always..

I can;t wait to see your version..

thanks mate :), i'll let people know were I got it from :D

I ordered my qev yesterday :D. When it comes I'll start working on my bolt :D. I'll start a buildlog, yay. I'll most likely start after 20th because my university exams end then :(

Marco321
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion