Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Help with high pressure all metal cannon

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Help with high pressure all metal cannon

Unread postAuthor: spudkpi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 am

It has been a while since I last posted on here and it feels great to be back. Anyways I need help concerning the new all metal cannon I want to build. I have a co2 setup with regulators and everything ready to go but what I am stuck on is how to make it semi auto. I cannot figure out how to design a blowback bolt or an autofed magazine. I would like to do some sort of a magazine with a spring or something like that. I plan on using mostly copper for the chamber and piston valve area. Also what is better to seal the copper: solder or epoxy? I really respect the opinion of my fellow peers here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also any suggestions on easy homemade qev valves would be nice. Diagrams would help a lot because I am having a hard time putting this together in my head. Thanks.

spudkpi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Solder>epoxy when done right.
Read up on all of JSR's projects as most of them involve the kind of bolt/valve you want.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion