Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MCRKilljoy, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

my 1st post and piston valve attempt

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
my 1st post and piston valve attempt

Unread postAuthor: sp1ke » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been reading and experimenting for the past 2 weeks about making a barrel sealing piston valve inside of a tee. Unfortunately no success. No matter what i try i cant get a piston that will seal correctly. Its a hot glue piston i cast using a piece of 1 inch pvc. it seals or is supposed to seal a 3/4 inch. any suggestions?

sp1ke
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:45 pm

We need pictures of the piston and the inside of the Tee to be sure.

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: chinnerz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:21 pm

i have made a piston in my latest rifle using the same idea and materials And had the same result.

what you need is a face which forms a nice seel. as the glue does not do a very good job of this you will need to use other materials to make a seeling face for mine i had a piece of black rubber sitting around, i cut a circle form this and using some glue i glued it to one side of my piston and bam! there you go.

Look at picture
ImageImage

chinnerz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:43 am

Ehm..It never occured to me people would try and make a piston without the rubber.... :roll:

In that case, remember to GLUE the pvc fittings,wrap any threaded fittings in PTFE TAPE and remember to equip it with a pilot valve...

also, the barrel is where the ammo goes....

:D

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion