Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 76 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Portable Tank Calculator

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Portable Tank Calculator

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:31 am

Some of you may be familiar with my CO2 calculator. If not, don't worry about it. This calculator is an updated version, geared specifically to portable tanks for air supply.

One of the biggest downfalls for a pneumatic launcher is that they are generally filled with an air compressor. This severely limits the mobility of the launcher. To fix the problem, a portable solution is needed.

The following calculator provides information on CO2 and compressed air tanks. For powerlets (12g), it provides the amount of pressure that will be provided within the chamber, or it provides the needed chamber volume to supply the launcher with the desired pressure. CO2 and compressed air tank calculators provide the user with a close estimation of how many fills one can expect from the tank to the chamber.

To ease the suffering (since all of the measurements for the calculators are provided in English measurements), I've also provided a conversion calculator. It converts many of the most commonly used units and can be used beyond the air tank calculators.

I've also provided pipe information. It provides the ID, OD, rated pressure, and volume of many of the most commonly used pipes (Sch40, Sch80, Sch120, SDR, CPVC, iron pipe, and copper pipe - K, L, M).

Please let me know if there are any errors or problems with the calculator and I can get this fixed ASAP. Other than that, enjoy.

Portable Tank Calculator

Last edited by Hubb on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jeepkahn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

I'd like to motion for a sticky or a wiki add for this... Now I can EASILY calculate # of shots with my different tanks and cannons...

You da man Hubb...(even though you're a "pig"..er..I mean LEO... lol)...

My Cannons can be found by clicking the following link.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... tml#256896

jeepkahn
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 pm

I have added this document, along with all the other documents I have created, to a wiki page entitled Hubb Library. The link is found in my signature.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:43 pm

It has been brought to my attention that the original document contains some slight errors. These have been corrected and the original link here, as well as the wiki link, has been updated.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Empty air tanks are the pits. Here is my portable air solution.

Nice job with the calculator. I could use that with the 20 LB propane tank converted to air for where I can't take the car. :D

I use a small compressor that can run on a 1,000 watt inverter.

The inverter. Note the size of the power cable going to it. It is to the left off the back. :D

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:14 am

Yes, Tech. Technically, that would qualify as a portable air tank. :D

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion