Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Safe pressure for 1/2" brass fittings

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Safe pressure for 1/2" brass fittings

Unread postAuthor: auxiliary » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:35 pm

I am making a 1/2" QDV airgun and for the chamber I have used 1/2" threaded brass fittings consisting of two Tees and assorted bushings (the overall length of the chamber is 4-6 in.). I plan to take it to a pretty high pressure with the on-board hand pump. Somewhere around the neighborhood of 800 psi. Is my chamber going to be happy with that?

Also, I had to solder a couple threaded joints because of the special construction process, and I found that they are pretty sturdy and I may solder every threaded joint as opposed to using PTFE tape just to make it as solid as a rock. (I thought I may add that because it will most likely reduce risk of leaking and hopefully increase strength as the threaded joints are the weakest links)

*don't worry about the hand pump being capable of generating 800 psi, I figured that one out*

-thanks

auxiliary
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion