Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 29 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Simplest QEV from Home Depot

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Simplest QEV from Home Depot

Unread postAuthor: spudkpi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Okay I just received an aluminum cased 1/4" QEV off ebay and I realized how simple it is. I have tried in the past and failed. I have done many searches and other things here so don't tell me to search haha. I just want basically a list of parts from like Home Depot or Lowes that I could throw together for a QEV. I really just can figure out the "T" design qev that will allow it to seal and also leak into the chamber. So i guess what I am really getting at is the pilot and fill side of the valve. I do own a lathe and am very handy on it so anything epoxy is possible. I also have a kit of about 1000000000 O'rings. Thanks guys for the help and Im sorry I couldnt find it in the search

spudkpi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 pm

clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 pm

there is a video on youtube that show how to make a qev. there not super hard

this is the video if you cant get it from thes and piston valves explained visually than you shouldn't make them

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm

A QEV is nothing more (so to speak) than a manufactured piston valve. If you want to make one of those, then you need to know how they work.

Start here...

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: spudkpi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 pm

I know exactly how a piston valve works, but I need one that can take very high pressures because I have regulated CO2. And that foreign guys demonstration doesn't really have enough detail. Any other suggestions. I can machine epoxy parts and all...

spudkpi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 pm

People make high pressure piston valves all the time, especially those that are not in the United States. Most are made with copper pipe are generally pretty small. These piston valves will usually hold more pressure than unregged CO2 will output. Since you already know how piston valves work, check the search feature for keywords to find some of these little beauties.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Homemade piston valves generally can handle high pressures.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: spudkpi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm

clemsonguy1125 wrote:http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/self-closing-piston-valve-brass-fittings-t17609.html
You mean something like this?

Thank you so much! Dead on center mate! *****

spudkpi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I think you don't realise that when most people go to make a small piston valve, they will usually just look in their garage or at their local hardware store for things that fit, once you find materials that fit, you start building a piston. Perhaps you find some washers that fit nicely, then maybe some rubber disks or gaskets, some o-rings and then a bolt.

That's how I make every single piston valve, I don't bum around on Spudfiles looking to see what exactly people use, I just think for myself and go and test things, if they fit, all is well, if they don't, keep looking.

Most people seem to keep it simple with a bolt and metal washers, that's about all the inspiration you need.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: Hawkeye » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm not sure how you could possibly be "handy with a lathe" when you can't slap together a few plumbing fittings to make a piston valve. Or even understand the basics from the overwhelming number of examples on here.

Hawkeye
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: spudkpi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:22 am

Hawkeye your an ass, so I disregard what you have to say. I understand the workings of the piston valve I was just looking for some hints. From now on I won't access the community to which I belong for answers. Sorry guys but be more positive. Thanks Clemsonguy112 for your help.

spudkpi
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Sandman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:17 am

spudkpi wrote:Hawkeye your an ass, so I disregard what you have to say. I understand the workings of the piston valve I was just looking for some hints. From now on I won't access the community to which I belong for answers. Sorry guys but be more positive. Thanks Clemsonguy112 for your help.

If you cant handle our criticism then perhaps you should go here www.nerfhaven.com . Because if you had searched, you would have found hundreds if not thousands of ideas for a piston valve.

Yeah, it's that important.
Mr.Sandman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: CpTn_lAw » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 am

That won't work either they have rules :

I've had to close three topics today that can basically be attributed to "noob threads". Here's a good example:

http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?s ... =18945&hl=

This is breaking a multitude of our Code of Conduct rules including:

Think Before You Post.

Don't post unless you have something to say.

:roll:

"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
CpTn_lAw
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 pm

spudkpi wrote:Hawkeye your an ass, so I disregard what you have to say. I understand the workings of the piston valve I was just looking for some hints. From now on I won't access the community to which I belong for answers. Sorry guys but be more positive. Thanks Clemsonguy112 for your help.

You didn't find my post helpful at all? No wonder you can't make a piston valve then...

When people ask "how do I make a piston valve" I tell them "how do you make a sandwich?". Actually I don't say that, but get my point?

Get off your ass, go to the hardware store, pick up a few fittings and wander the store for a few hours looking for things to fit. Done. Easy. Simple. If you're not sure if something will fit, buy the size down and up as well, chances are the things you are making your small piston from are pretty cheap. Actually, why don't you just buy a piece of metal and machine a piston? Or nylon? Or teflon? Why the hell are you even asking us for help? There's so much you could do with so little.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 pm

MrCrowley wrote:Actually, why don't you just buy a piece of metal and machine a piston? Or nylon? Or teflon? Why the hell are you even asking us for help? There's so much you could do with so little.

For someone so "handy" with a lathe he should have the brains to make a piston valve... :D

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion