Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MCRKilljoy, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Multi Shot Tee Piston Idea

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Multi Shot Tee Piston Idea

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:43 pm

I had this idea for a self filling piston cannon, I want to know if this idea should work, or if it has been done before, and how many shots above 60 psi (if I pressurize it to 120) I can get on one tank.

Attachments
MultiShotPiston.png
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

please use accurate terms this is not "a self filling piston cannon" this is a manual filled piston valve. I've seen plenty of variation of this

From my experience the pressure drop on non regulated air supplies is relitivly huge, I wouldn't have much hope for a reserve made of 2" pvc
if you want to calculate the pressure drop for your own particular design use the equation
P1*V1=P2*V2 or (P1*V1)/V2=P2
P1=the initial pressure in the air reserve (what your referring to as the main chamber)
V1=volume of the air reserve (what your referring to as the main chamber)
V2=the volume of both chambers combined
P2=the pressure of both chamber when the fill valve is opened to

btw you have a ridiculous amount of dead pilot volume and too much space for the piston to move, a sprinkler valve to pilot a 3/4" piston valve is over kill, just go with a back pack air supply connected with vinyl tubing

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm

How do you think I whould reduce the pilot volume then? I drew it as small as possible. The coupling and bushing could be changed to a reducer, but thats about it... or at least all I could think of. And as for the pilot valve, I have a SV I'm not using, so I figured I could use it.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion