Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

need help with pneumatic launcher

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
need help with pneumatic launcher

Unread postAuthor: nathan549 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 am

hey im new to the forums. i was just wondering in this picture how is the sprinkler valve connected to the chamber? and also wondering if instead of having the air gun directly mounted onto the valve could you run a tube from the valve then on to the air gun to have the trigger in a different position? the plan i have in mind isn't the one pictured but the chamber connection will be in my idea, i just need to figure out how thats connected. just looks like a hole cut out then glued in but want to make sure.

http://www.antennalaunchers.com/csv19/csv19asm.html

nathan549
Private
Private

Re: need help with pneumatic launcher

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:31 am

nathan549 wrote:i was just wondering in this picture how is the sprinkler valve connected to the chamber? and also wondering the plan i have in mind isn't the one pictured but the chamber connection will be in my idea, i just need to figure out how thats connected. just looks like a hole cut out then glued in but want to make sure.

if you scroll down the link it's explained in very good detail ;)

if instead of having the air gun directly mounted onto the valve could you run a tube from the valve then on to the air gun to have the trigger in a different position?

You can do this, many people do, but it will have a slightly detrimental effect on performance.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: nathan549 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

pfft i didnt even see that haha. thanks for your fast reply :). so with the tubing how detrimental on the performance is it? is it noticeable or you can't really tell?

nathan549
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

The extent to which it will affect performance depends on the various parameters (pressure, chamber volume, barrel length etc) of your launcher but most likely you won't notice it without using a chrony.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: nathan549 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:46 am

okay sweet. thanks alot for your help :D

nathan549
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion