Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Chamber sealing piston valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Chamber sealing piston valve

Unread postAuthor: Chornbeak » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:19 pm

I made a cannon a couple months ago that had a piston valve, but my design was flawed and the valve failed on me. I am posting to see if someone can give me detailed instructions or direct me to a place where I can find directions to make a piston valve that screws into a 1.5" threads on each side.

To describe what I have, The chamber is straight, w/ the 1.5 inch threaded male end inline with the 4" pipe.

The barrel has a 90 degree elbow that has female 1.5 inch threads on the end that attaches to the valve.

Thanks!!

Chornbeak
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: deathbyDWV » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:25 pm

You could buy one of these...
http://www.launchpotatoes.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=28
They are extremely powerful...
Sorry, i don't know of any 1.5 inch valve instructions... :(

Life's too short to mark off the items on your wish list...
deathbyDWV
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:45 am

a place where I can find directions to make a piston valve that screws into a 1.5" threads on each side.

By saying that you need a piston valve that specifically threads in to 1/5" fittings I can tell you don't know enough about building piston valves yet. I could make a 3" piston valve that has 1.5" threaded ports.

You don't need a tutorial. Find out what size tee fitting you want to use, look at the current how-to's (search the forum, one is even stickied) for ideas and then design your piston. Then all you need to do is get adapters to adapt the piston housing to have 1.5" threads.

If you need ideas for pistons, there are plenty of topics on this forum that share those ideas. Just use the advanced search tool and after a few hours you'll have plenty of ideas and information to be confident building one by yourself.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:19 am

perhaps you should try a barrel sealing piston valve, they're often easier to make and typically more powerful then their chamber sealing equivalents

@mr crowley, however he is talking about a chamber sealing piston and not a barrel sealing one, so logically the input port would be as close to the tee size as possible so it's safe to assume that he wants it to be made from a 2" tee

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Ah true, didn't notice that. I think there is at least 3 full tutorials on 2" housed pistons on the forum, all barrel sealers though. Shouldn't make too much difference really.

MrCrowley

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion