Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 46 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Shock Pumps/ MOAR PRESSURE

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Shock Pumps/ MOAR PRESSURE

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:20 am

saefroch wrote: I am now looking for some way to get over ~200 psi (low, I know) chamber pressure.

i thought that you want 200 max

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:25 am

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: saefroch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 am

I have built and am working on a pneumatic cannon with fairly low capabilities, and since it is build from schedule 40 steel and aluminum, I am now looking for some way to get over ~200 psi (low, I know) chamber pressure. I do not have ready access to a refrigerator compressor, but I am interested in their capabilities (on average), and the capabilities and ease of use for a shock pump. For example, what attachment system do I need for a fridge compressor and/or a shock pump to a chamber? Are shock pumps easy to use at ~400psi (a significant upgrade for now, I'll be looking at higher pressures and hybrids later)

I've gotten to 170 for certain, but i'm probably firing at pressures closer to 200 most of the time, bike pump gauge is a free-swinging needle(can make multiple revolutions) so I can estimate a bit past the end of the gauge, but I really don't want to break an expensive pump. I'm looking for a safe way to access 400+, which I seem to have found.

Wow, amazing link. At first I thought it was a typo when it said 230 bar, then I kinda when slackjawed. Amazing, i'll be looking at that.

saefroch
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:13 pm

an airgun stirrup pump reallyisn't that expensive for a one time purchase and can give you 3000 psi without excess effort, so 400 psi should be a doddle.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hawkeye » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Using a bike pump generally quickly blows the hose apart where it exits the pump. The heating of the compressed air at the end of each stroke will weaken the material there.
This is generally only a problem if you are pumping past the recommended pressure and rapidly recharging a gun.

Hawkeye
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion