Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Multishot

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Multishot

Unread postAuthor: GuyFromAvalon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Guys,
I#m planning to make a multishot gun.

I have some troubles thinking of a proper design.

So in the picture attached, I have to main concerns.
First, the detachable chamber shall allow prefilled chambers to be attached in order to get more air to take with you in a backpack or so.

But The main problem is the trigger. Do you think that one could work? I dont plan to make it very highpower, only about 200 PSI in the output and something like 400 PSI on th chamber. (Does anyone have good plans for a homemade pump for even higher preesures?) I could also switch the mechanism intop the opposite direction and make it just pulled back with my finger.

Just so far, THNX to all and please help me with comments.

Attachments
Designmitreducer.png

GuyFromAvalon
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

If that is PVC, you won't be using 200 psi.
And there are MUCH better ways to get more than one shot.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Gun Freak wrote:If that is PVC, you won't be using 200 psi.
And there are MUCH better ways to get more than one shot.
He didn't say anything about using PVC. And, how about linking him to some of those better designs rather than just implying they are out there...

@ GuyFromAvalon: When you say multishot, are you meaning semi auto or full auto? Or are you referring to multiple shots from one chamber fill? Whichever is the choice, Gun Freak is right in that there are better designs available.

But I like your style. Try to simplify the design a little bit. The current may just prove a little too difficult to begin with.

For semi auto, a spool valve will probably be a better choice. For full auto, well then you got to decide on the ammo. For multiple shots from one tank, again, a spool valve comes to mind. Check out the QDV. It is a spool valve designed after one of our members here and, with some tweaking, should fit your needs just right.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: GuyFromAvalon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Ok,

First thanks and sorry for not giving more details. I worked on that post for about 10 minutes, klicked submit and all was lost :cry: don't now how. Anyway, I was so annoyed I just typed this thing here, without much plan :D I intend to use all metal, steel for the chamber, everything else in copper. I don't know exactly what the fittings are made of, but they are somewhat "golden" painted. Steel? I don't know.

@Hubb:

To the details: I only want semi-Auto, never liked the full auto ones very much. to air consuming, and nothing has as much style as a boltaction or pumpgun mechanism :twisted: I somewhere read about a QDV, will try to find it again.

I don't exactly understandd what you mean by "multiple shots from one chamber fill". Somethingg like a shotgun shell with many small bullets? That isn't a Problem I think.

Again, thanks for your answer Hubb, helped me quite alot.

EDIT: Somehow the vid that shall show the QDVs mechanism stops after 2 minutes :( Could someone give me a small diagramm? Meanwhile I'll search for other explanations.

GuyFromAvalon
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:10 pm

well you can build something similar to this
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/semiaut ... 20259.html

the main advantage of this design is its simplicity I guess... and it's also quite simple to build as it does not require any custom parts but it's based entirely on off the shelf parts (yeah I know that the machined T is custom made but it that it can't be replaced with standard fittings)

have a look at the animation I created there if you don't know how it works

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 pm

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/quick-dump-valve-t17858.html

Now, having the QDV alone will probably not net you semi auto. It will need to be implemented into some additional features.

A while back, clide built a semi auto launcher. It uses a blow forward spool valve. It works, but it may be slightly more complicated as well.

Now, I've used the below type spool valve on a few different builds. I found it somewhere way back when. It's not my design, and I'm not even sure who did design it. But it works by cutting the primary chamber from the secondary chamber, allowing only the secondary chamber to dump. It is very similar to the QDV valve as well as an Automag valve.

My builds, however, were a bit easier to work with. I do not currently have any launchers using this valve design, as they have been long scrapped, but this is the same type of design I have planned to use in a Nerf gun I'm working on.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 pm

A while back, clide built a semi auto launcher. It uses a blow forward spool valve. It works, but it may be slightly more complicated as well
technically it uses two seperate parts:
a 3 way spool valve and a blow forward bolt

I know you probably meant that but the way you worded it makes it sound more obscure than it really is

But I am aware of the fact that you can combine the loading mech and the valve (spool) into one part

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: GuyFromAvalon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:02 am

Ok thanks Hubb,
I will try to build your Second one with the
second chamber build As à coaxial ànd the first
with an elbow below, staying with my design of the detachable
chamber. I will try to Finish that soon ànd Upload pictures.

GuyFromAvalon
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:28 am

this has to be the easyest way to get semi auto its the same as 3way+qev but all ready built you can put this as the reload mech

the nail gun i used handled 300psi it was and old school cast aluminum one tho, got it for 10 with a compressor a market.

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion