Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 51 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

check valve effect in a piston valve using a rubber cap

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:09 pm

clemsonguy1125 wrote:well washers would need to be bolted on which would add more weight than just dumping in some epoxy

That is true, but there should be another way to reinforce it without weighing it down too much.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:12 pm

maybe super glue down plastic washers

That is all.
clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 pm

clemsonguy1125 wrote:maybe super glue down plastic washers

Yeah or epoxy. There is still the hole in the middle that can blow out... but I think it will hold up just fine. We wil find out :P I plan on trying this wiht my next Co Ax or my tee piston valve.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 am

I don't see how the flexing of the sealing face would be a problem. If anything, it would help the seal. As the piston is pulled into the barrel, it will flex and shape itself around any imperfections that may be present in the barrel, forming a sort of dome. In order for the sealing face to be sucked into the barrel, the entire piston will have to either break apart (which would be unlikely seeing as how the rubber is fairly strong for one of these caps) or the entire piston would have to fold and go into the barrel (which is also unlikely, as it would take some pretty high pressures, which would probably be higher than what the PVC can support anyway).

If one does see, however, that it would be a problem, or they want to prevent the dome flexing, then why not just place a simple PVC disk into the piston? It is much lighter than the flat washer, and will probably be more supportive (and easier to get right) than the epoxy.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion