Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

HP pump hose head?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

HP pump hose head?

Unread postAuthor: FighterAce » Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 am

A few days ago I (almost) completed my 40+ bar pump but its still missing a pressure gauge and hose. The pressure gauge will be easy to get but my problem is the hose head. I found someone who can make me a pump hose that will be good up to 330 bar. I know its way overkill but its nice to know it wont fail me, besides I cant get any other kind of hose thats just right for this job.
The only problem is that he can only put threads on the ends.. witch ever I wish... now how do you connect that hose to a schrader and depress the core to allow air flow?
I was thinking about replicating the hose head of a beto shock pump witch is the only pump I have right now.

For the black part I could use a 1/4 T piece and the yellow and pink parts I could order from a machinist but I'd need to do a few technical drawings. In order to do that I'd need to know how the yellow piece rotates inside the black without leaking air or blowing out the other end.
Any ideas?
Could anyone throw in a sketch or something or even recommend another way of attaching the hose to the schrader while depressing the core and without rotating the whole hose?

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Well you could get one of those tire filling blowguns and thread it onto the end of the hose...

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion