Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Baldyforks, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Plague damage preview

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 pm

You don't have a camera capable of high speed by any chance, I bet those cans compressing would look great in slow motion :) good job!

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm

nice job on the crushing but the can split still needs some work, im surpirezed you guys can get a better slice than me since i was using a blunt edge when you guys use much sharper objects...

once i get my piston fixed ill do some more can crush shoots too

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Load it so the bottom of the can hits first. Part of the split can is due to the can getting a shot of compressed air inside the can on launch.

I can tell from the cement pattern on the rim that it was launched top first.

I never tried any low pressure shots. I'll have to try some to compare notes.

Nice wrap around on the hoe. Nice shot.

Edit, Just for grins I thought I would test the marshmallow cannon again. After the success with the tennis ball and the long barrel, I decided to try the long barrel with pop cans. The lack of enough flow is very obvious.

Attachments
3 cans.JPG
3 cans. The two on the outside were launched from the 7 foot barrel. I'm not impressed. The middle can was launched from the 3 foot barrel. Much better except my aim was too high.
CanSplit.JPG
Another try with the 3 foot barrel worked well. I am going to have to compare the 3 foot and 7 foot barrels on the larger launcher. It may be interesting.
MysterySplat.JPG
Using the 1 inch barrel, I shot a mystery item at my target. Anyone care to guess what it was?
Target.JPG
My target was the handle of this propane tank. I did not use a sharp edge for those shots. The mystery splat was shot at the side of the tank.
Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion