Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Auto .22 Airgun using JSM's Poppet Valve (Will it work?)

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: killerbanjo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:09 am

Hmm, the drozed seems so simple and i really like it, and i quite into electronics i don't think it would be too hard to knock up a driver with a 555 timer ect... intruging!

killerbanjo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 am

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: killerbanjo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:27 pm

When you could make somthing for that for about 60p then id rather make one! :P

killerbanjo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: umar » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:21 pm

hi there. this is my first post on the fourm so please bear with my noobness.

it has been my dream to make my current pellet rifle fire full auto. ive lookedon the internet for the past few days, looking at offical engineer websites to find myself more confused then ever as i have no knowledge in the ralm of valed and that sort of thing.

this webite has actually been the most benifitial, as i look up terms here on wiki. i now know a little on vales and stuff lol.

but i do have a few questions.

firstly, when firing full auto how long dose the tank last?

secondly how dose the blow foward bolt work? i understand the pop off valve and the ball valve. i underastand how the firing mechanisim works up untill you get to the blow foward valve. the air pushed the valve foward which pushed the pellet into the barrel and blocking the one behind it from jamming, but what happens to the air? how dose it fire the pellet?

also, is there a thread that lists all the tems here for noobs like me. like whats a port?

umar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 am

umar wrote:it has been my dream to make my current pellet rifle fire full auto. ive lookedon the internet for the past few days, looking at offical engineer websites to find myself more confused then ever as i have no knowledge in the ralm of valed and that sort of thing.

It depends on what your current pellet rifle is, in the sense that a precharged semiauto like the Crosman Nightstalker is a feasible conversion, a break barrel spring rifle is not.

firstly, when firing full auto how long does the tank last?

Depends on the valve, tank pressure and capacity, gas being used - for example CO2 when vented quickly loses more pressure than compressed air - there are many factors to consider.

secondly how dose the blow foward bolt work?

Have a look at this thread, it should be fairly self explanatory.

also, is there a thread that lists all the tems here for noobs like me. like whats a port?

I can't think of a specific glossary thread but the wiki should be helpful. In this case a port is simply a hole or channel through which gas can travel.

I think the best way to seek advice is to first determine what you want to achieve, vis a vis the resources you have available, consider the following-

- what performance are you looking for, not only in terms of projectile energy but also shot count, launcher dimensions and portability etc.
- what facilities do you have available in terms of workshop, materials and skills
- how much money are you willing to spend

If you can list the above we will be more than happy to guide you in the right direction :wink:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: umar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:04 am

im not looking for somthing particularly powerfull. just somthing fun. make a sten like clip, the bigger the better. i have a few design ideas to make that.

my rifle is a break barrel one, but ill be damned if i let a little thing like that stop me. i want to hollow out the hood, put all the componets insaid, or as much as i possibly can. looking at the design of the valves and such and doing a scale comparason, i am confident i can nacgiver it all together. for the stock componets im basicly going to scrap them or save it for a rainy day project.

for workship i have no idea. i got a cottage that houses all my tools but i have no idea what i actually need. i know about pipefittings and hydralics and stuff. so im assuming that knowledge can be carried over into compressed air and stuff.

money. well im not a rich guy but i dont have a time restraint either.

umar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:28 am

To convert a springer to auto you'd need to modify it in the same way as an airsoft electric gun works-

Given the forces involved, that's a tall order for anyone without a machine shop and even then there would be very few original components of the rifle left in the final result.

I would recommend you go down the cloud/vortex BBMG route, there are plenty of examples in the showcase, if you have access to a paintball tank then you can easily make a portable launcher that is simple, powerful and reliable.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: umar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:51 am

wouldent it be possible though to take out all the compnets that i have now, and just replace it?

i already looked into AEG models and decided that i dont have the machine tools, like you mentioned.

the compressed gas seems much simpler.

umar
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:12 am

The Browning Airstaris a reasonably powerful springer that uses electric recocking and as you can see, it's nowhere near a decent rate of fire for what you could consider 'full auto', an AEG mechanism trying to cock the spring on your break barrel will not cope.

Leave the break barrel for single shot plinking and make yourself a BBMG :wink:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion