Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Another First QEV Gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Another First QEV Gun

Unread postAuthor: Lionel » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Just put together my first QEV gun today, been roaming around for a few months and waiting for the chance to built one up, think i'm hooked now.

11 inch Alloy 10mm OD barrel shrouded in 10 inch a steel 12mm OD tube

fired it at 50 PSI using an 6mm inner barrel and it put an ink cartridge through a double corrugated cardboard box, it'll go up to 200 PSI but I need a new chamber first.

its a 3/8" QEV piloted by a compression fitting ball valve (happens to also have 3/8" threads) and the shock pump is a generic one rated to 300 PSI that i've modified with a hose barb-1/8" adapter

First time doing this so be gentle :P

Attachments
photo.JPG

Lionel
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Those builds are alot of fun. I still look around in my box for parts to build stuff like this once a while.
Try to shoot some BB's through it, should be a great plinker.

Clean build, Size isn't all :)

SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Looks nice, I bet its fun getting so many shots off rapidly. I would presume that it doesn't take long to pump it up with that shocky. Fun little plinker :D Nice job.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Lionel » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:14 pm

SpudFarm wrote:Those builds are alot of fun. I still look around in my box for parts to build stuff like this once a while.
Try to shoot some BB's through it, should be a great plinker.

Clean build, Size isn't all :)

Thanks! :) Just need to get a new chamber put together, I won't say what happened to the last at 200 PSI (I jumped a little) but that little mistake won't be happening again anytime too soon. :?

Gun Freak wrote:Looks nice, I bet its fun getting so many shots off rapidly. I would presume that it doesn't take long to pump it up with that shocky. Fun little plinker :D Nice job.

Takes about 10 pumps if that to get to 50 PSI, i'm thinking i'll use a spent 16g CO2 cartridge with a elbow and reducing bush but ultimately I want semi auto and that includes chambering a round :D

Lionel
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Well you could just add a simple tee mag with a detent and then add a air source and bam semi auto. Make the chamber smaller. A CO2 cart should be good.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:24 pm

for semi auto, I would mod the QEV to fill chamber side and get a blowgun for a pilot. that in conjunction with an airsoft hop-up and constant air feed will give you semi auto

I love lamp
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion