Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Calling on the geniouses of valveless...

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Calling on the geniouses of valveless...

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 pm

How does this look for a valveless gun, it will be blowgun fed from the back with about a foot of 3/4" pvc for the chamber which will be filled with bb's. Blue is 1/2" pvc sleeved over an airsoft barrel. The yellow is brass male x female adapters in 3/8". The nipple in the back is 3/8" close and goes to the chamber. What should I improve or is it the right idea?

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Make sure that the bbs won't clog up just behind the detent. I suspect that 99% of feeding problems I had on mine were casued by that

Either use smaller fittings (with ID as close to 6mm as possible) or larger ones.

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:Make sure that the bbs won't clog up just behind the detent. I suspect that 99% of feeding problems I had on mine were casued by that

Either use smaller fittings (with ID as close to 6mm as possible) or larger ones.

Hmm... I went up to 3/8" because I figured that they would have about the right diameter for the right washer with a big enough hole. It might be possible with 1/4" though. I have to see. 2 bb's can't fit through a 1/4" galvanized nipple side by side, but I think they can in 3/8".

OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: lozz08 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:21 pm

My mag fed valveless used 1/4 inch and the washer ID was 6mm exactly before compression. I suggest 1/4 because there is a good chance that the washer will be too large.

If it's going to be cloud style with a chamber full of bbs then it will jam unless the transition from the 3/4" pvc to the fitting is gradual. I suggest getting some epoxy putty and using it to make the end of the brass fitting that goes into the chamber flared.

There are a bunch of ways you could do it but just make sure theres no sudden edges for bbs to jam into. In fact i would say 3/8 inch fittings could cause jams because the ID of the fittings is so much larger than the bbs.

lozz08
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Cool, making a funnel in the chamber should be pretty simple. I'll go with 1/4", if I can find the right washers. The chamber won't be completely full of bb's. I want room for them to fly around so they don't jam and also to make more chamber volume. Thanks for the help.

OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:40 pm

ohh I was thinking about this yesterday but I forgot to post here. yeah 3/8" might be a bit too large. It might not be such a big deal if you used a 3/8" pipe nipple to keep the washer in place but it seems that what lozz08 has said makes sense

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion