Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

High Pressure - Low Volume Chamber?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:31 pm

BeaverRat wrote:I'm not pulling any legs, I'm just as surprised as you guys. I ordered 1 of these valves a week ago, and it came yesterday. Strangely, another 10 came today crammed into one tiny box!

Er, I think you're going about this the wrong way, and frankly, I'm surprised no-one else has commented.

I'm sure we'd all like free stuff to turn up on our doorstep, but what I'd be doing is finding out what exactly has happened, not planning what I want to do with them. If they've charged you for them or something similar, then I'd want to fix that - and you can't do that if you can't send them back "as new".

And, even if it did seem to be "a free lunch", I'd tell the company anyway - I like to think of myself as honest, and while I might leave a "pocket change" mistake be, this is a matter of a couple of hundred dollars.

If you don't want to be quite that honest, at a bare minimum, I'd leave them aside for a few weeks to be quite sure the company doesn't ask for them back.
I'm not sure quite what the law around this kind of thing is, let alone in other countries, but unless you can be more than 110% certain they count as your property, I wouldn't risk doing anything where you could be forced to pay for them.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: BeaverRat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:45 pm

You know what, I agree with that statement... Thanks for the advise

EDIT: I did a bit of research, and apparently it is 100% legal to keep and have ownership of whatever you recieve in the mail that is addressed to you.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=283

BeaverRat
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 pm

What is Legal and What is Ethical may be different. I always contact the company.

I had to RMA a hard drive under warranty. They sent a replacement and a week later they sent a replacement. I notified them and they sent me a pre paid return label. I sent the extra back unopened.

Sometimes a company will tell you to keep the item. I can sleep at night knowing the status.

It is legal in many places to have sex between consenting adults. It does not mean Adultery is ethical just because it is not illegal. This ethics issue was a problem for President Clinton. His moral fiber was questioned, not the legality of the act.

Sorry for the hijack of the thread for an ethics rant. I think you should contact the company and ask for what to do with them. They may let you keep them.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: BeaverRat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:03 am

I already have contacted the company, I am waiting to hear back...
Thanks guys

BeaverRat
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Fnord » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Now that the legal stuff has been taken care of...

Golfball gun:
I don't think you'll be able to easily plumb these things together without doing some custom work. Even then I don't think it'll be possible to disassemble quickly when maintainance time comes.

Your best bet would be to use one big chamber(2" steel or a tank of some sort) and drill 4 holes in the side(s). Then either thread them and add 3/4 pipe nips, or braze the pipe in (or do both).

Then the output side... I have no idea. Personally, I'd attach the valves to the chamber, take out the rubber diaphragms, put some short lengths of 3/4" pipe on the barrel port, and braze the barrel on just as the chamber was done(Not a full-length barrel, just a short piece of 1.5" sch40)

The valves can be re-assembled when they cool down. You could either have all 4 valves on one side, or 2 on both.

Fnord
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:08 pm

PVC distributors that could be used to plumb in the barrel, but you're on your own for the chamber and pilot, I can't think of anything that wouldn't cost way more than a 6 QEVed launcher would be worth

I love lamp
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion