Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Check-valved piston build log

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Check-valved piston build log

Unread postAuthor: saefroch » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 pm

FighterAce's thread here inspired me to create my own thread on the check-valved piston I've been working on for quite some time now, and it seems like I've finally got a good chance of success. The idea here is to create a piston valve where there is no leak from the chamber to the pilot during operation.

There is a 1/4" OD o-ring between the 6mm BB and the threaded rod, I just didn't happen to include it in this picture.

Note the fail that occured as I cut the rearmost o-ring groove. Turns out the hole for the valve was too off-center:

Right now my greatest problem is that my 1/2" UHMWPE rod that I purchased from McMaster is actually >1/2" in diameter. Hopefully I'll be making some significant progress soon, as I currently have no operational pistons. :?

saefroch
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion