Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

QEV Cannon help.

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
QEV Cannon help.

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:44 pm

I am going to be making a new qev cannon, and I need some tips. Also I found a fire extinguisher in my road, its debris from a huge tornado that traveled from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, to Birmingham AL. Its still going infact, but its far from me. I am wondering what I need to do to convert the tank to air. Thanks.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Find a fitting that will replace the valve on the fire extinguisher. There are many types of extinguishers so you'll have to just bring the tank to the store or measure the diameter of the threads and then count threads per inch...

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

1: For your QEV cannon help go here
2: You can't turn a FE in to air, try as you might.

If you're wondering how you can use a FE as a chamber, well, just go here.

It's amazing, the search feature, it allows you to LOOK BACK IN TIME at everything ever posted on this forum. But that's not all, it means you can do RESEARCH. I can't even count the number of times someone on the forum has used an FE as a chamber, hell I've even done it twice, so why don't you search that for me and come back and tell me exactly how many times its been done.

I'm starting to get sick of this you know, you keep asking questions which have been answered over and over and over instead of bothering to search properly. We can't spoonfeed you steps to making a QEV cannon either, it's so damn simple one can figure it out themselves. You get a QEV, chamber, barrel and pilot valve. Join it all together. Done.

edit: I'm sure someone will be annoyed I used the typical "UTFSE" response but something like a fire extinguisher would be very easy to search. Type "fire extinguisher" click "search for all terms", limit the search to a particular section (pneumatic showcase, pneumatic discussion, construction materials, general discussion, how-to database) and search through them one at a time.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 pm

This should help with your searching.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/how-to- ... 19270.html

clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion