Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Greetings and Salutations!

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Greetings and Salutations!

Unread postAuthor: Slyder2k8 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Hey everyone. Brand new to the forums and fairly new to the pneumatic gun area. Starting my first project. It is from a diagram i downloaded about 4 years ago. LoL slow start huh. I build electronic firing boards for a small fireworks company here in TN. And have been building combustion cannons for i don't know how long. Ok enough about me more about the project. Its called a PSR-1 (pneumatic sniper rifle). In the plans it called for a cp100 rainbird valve. And electronic ignition. Only after building the "project box" and plumbing the gun for the valve with the solenoid still on it did i find these forums. I was wondering if the cp100 can be modified with the air nozzle like i saw in the video on modding a rainbird valve. For future reference of coarse. I didnt have a problem with the wiring. but removing the solenoid frees up alot of space to compact the gun. I will be posting pics and maybe a vid if i can get one that is decent. Im sure the gun im building is probably outdated but for a first project it'll do fine. Any help on the modding question would be appreciated.

Play safe and shoot straight! Slyder2k8.

Slyder2k8
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Welcome to Spudfiles. Interesting work in building the boards. Some are designed to synchronize to music for larger fireworks presentations and some smaller boards are fully manual. To prevent misfires on long small gauge wiring and series or parallel ematches, many are now going to high voltage capacitor discharge and continuity testing. I hope you have the exposure to all aspects beside small 12 volt manual ignition.

In the how to section there is an excellent guide for modifying sprinkler valves.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/modding-a-sprinkler-valve-t305.html
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/the-sprinkler-valve-pdf-file-t16786.html

Some list specific valves and parts are generic covering the theory so you can modify an unknown valve by studying it's flow. You will need to identify things such as flow direction, eq port, and if the basic design is barrel or chamber sealing.

Last edited by Technician1002 on Mon May 02, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Slyder2k8 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Thx for the link. And yeah we moved on from the old 12v system a few years back. I think our biggest shell we use right now is a 10" mortar. They are hella loud and pack one heck of a punch. The last board i built runs in sync with music and has wifi built in for on the fly adjustments in the timing. We do all the county fairs 6 in all and Home games for TN tech here in Cookeville. We also have a stand we run every year. Heres a link to what we do for fun on "MANDAY". A day when a lot of the guys get together and just veg out and shoot/blow stuff up. The vid is from 09' we skipped last year due to a death in the family. Again thx for the link. I look forward to building alot more in the future. The propane/mapp guns look fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUDPnPwa ... re=related

Slyder2k8
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Slyder2k8 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Thats actually the first video i watched when i got here :). But ty it is very straight forward and easy to understand. In your opinion which do you like more. The combustion or pneumatic cannons. I wanna do one of the mapp gas ones.

OH and one last question. I am going to use a 1" barrel on my gun any advice on the size of sch40 to use for the "breech loading portion. On the diagram it shows it sliding inside. but i don't know of any pvc that fits close enough to use o'rings for gasketing.

Slyder2k8
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue May 03, 2011 7:40 pm

1.25" sch 40 pvc fits quite nicely over 1", so you may be able to cut o-ring grooves in the 1" barrel to seal the breech.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion