Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], DENVER73, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

M82A1 0% (destroyed)

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat May 14, 2011 1:13 am

LovableAirGuns wrote:I guess im not the only person on this forum that a projectile has ricoched and nearly hit someone.

There's quite a catalogue of incidents showing you're not alone - emphasising the need to take all possible precautions when using spudguns.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Major Collins » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:23 am

jakethebeast wrote:yeah JSR, myneigburs have only said to me dont shoot us :D

My neighbours offered to help me haha
btw i live on 5 acres so pretty quiet round here

Zeus wrote:LoveableAirGuns, I'm seconding Inonickname's post, you NEED to do a basic firearms safety course, I presume you're in Australia, if you're over 12 you can attend the 2 hour course required to get a license.

It's completely free, you get a certificate, and you can get a firearms license at any time. I can see you were never taught that if you have ANY doubt, you NEVER discharge any arms.

Sorry for the rage post, but people not knowing the very basics of projectile launcher safety really annoys me.

i live in australia too and you its not so easy getting a firearms license , you need 6 months experience at a club and to join the SSAA... im currently going through mine oh and a police clearance

Last edited by Major Collins on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Collins
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 am

Major Collins wrote:i live in australia too and you its not so easy getting a firearms license , you need 6 experience at a club and to join the SSAA... im currently going through mine

I think thats just for handguns or your state, because all i needed was to fill out the form get a mental state examination/report and have a person you have know for 5years other than your family sign a form and fill it some details. then i think it was 2 months later they sent back my licence, then i can go pick a gun then the gun shop sends in a form the cops review the gun takes about a week then if they accepted it you can go pick it up.

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Zeus » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:51 am

It depends on the class of license, class A and B are easy, H is a bit harder as you need to be part of an SSAA approved pistol club.

Class C is very difficult, impossible for non-farmers. Fortunatley I'll be in the position to get a class C soon.

For those unaware, a class C gets you one semi auto rimfire<sup>1</sup> with a magazine or clip capacity of no more than ten rounds, it also gets you one pump/semi auto shotgun with a 5 round magazine.

So you Americans, consider youself lucky. You can walk into a gun store, get a quick background check, and walk out with a 10/22.

<sup>1</sup> Rimfire is only .22 CB, BB, Short, Long, Extra Long, LR and Magnum. No semi .17HMR/HM2 for us either.

Edit: Stuffed up the superscript tags.

/sarcasm, /hyperbole
Zeus
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion