Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 48 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Little problem...

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Little problem...

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:04 am

I have a little bit of a problem now... I did some searching, and did not find much that helped. My sprinkler valve will not take anything above 50 psi without opening by its self. I have had to plug up the original equalization hole, and make my own, and repeat like 3 times, and its still not working. I put the screws down as tight as I could without stripping them, and it still wont seal.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: qwerty » Wed May 11, 2011 11:29 am

Link to your sprinkler valve that you modded?
You say it doesn't hold anything over 50psi, does it leak out slowly or totally dump it?
If it leaks out, check the rubber sheet for bits of lose plastic of grit and clean it. Check what it's sealing on too.
If it's dumping out all at once you probably have a leak in your pilot system somewhere.

I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.
qwerty
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 am

I think I made the hole too small, and did not clean it so it still has rubber in it blocking. But it works perfectly at 20psi. Its the same valve as the one on my gun in the pneumatic showcase. Let me clean the hole a bit and see if it helps...

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Wed May 11, 2011 11:58 am

Sounds like a pilot chamber leak/weakness. Is the valve facing the correct direction?

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: jor2daje » Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I had a problem like this on my first sprinkler valve, did you leave the solenoid in? on mine I left the solenoid in and the pressure would push up the plunger causing the pilot to be vented and the valve to open, however this was at pressures of 120 and up. My solution was to remove the solenoid and fill the hole with epoxy. I have never needed to mess with the standard equalization hole on any of my sprinkler valves.

Edit: sorry just looked at your valve and it looks like you already removed the solenoid, I agree with jrrdw

Patience is a virtue, get it if you can, seldom in a women, never in a man.
jor2daje
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Jrrdw, I have not removed it since I made the gun, so yeah, its facing the right way.

It my be a leak, I can check again. I will fill my air tank up sometime this week, and when I do I will try teflon and a wrench.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion