Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 48 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Regulator question.

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Regulator question.

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:26 am

Is it possible to BUILD a regulator rather then buy one? I know its probably cheaper to buy one, but if running low on patience for shipping, how would one go about building one? If anyone can provide a diagram or something that would be awesome.

Just took a quick look around google, and I figured out how they work. Now comes the task of, 1. how safe it will be to use, 2. how to build it and 3. what to connect it to.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cammyd32 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:51 am

It would be possible but extremely dangerous to build a regulator, on this link are a few decent pictures, and animations; http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/regulators/howtheywork/index.shtml

cammyd32
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:53 am

yep,

but i there are different types, i remember seeing one the was basically a barrel sealing piston valve pilot side only had a spring in it, the barrel was hp input and chamber(it has 2 ports for to outputs) was LP output.

edit: found one simmumler,

if you do go ahead with it, go with the first one or the second one in the second pic, they reg nice and smooth, the first one in the second pic will be popping on and off like pushhhh pushhhh pushhh pushhh

Last edited by Crna Legija on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:56 am

Crna, thats what I was thinking, I may try it with a 1" T spring sealed piston valve. It might work. My only problem is that my mom has put a "ban" on my cannons, she seems to think that building 2 is too many, so it might be awhile before I can get to lowes or home depot...

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 am

Somewhere, Rag posted a drawing of one that doesn't react to fluctuating input pressure at all. The input is on the side of a piston, and as pressure builds on the front of the piston, it closes. There's a spring in the back to adjust the pressure.

POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
ramses
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:51 am

I love lamp
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion