Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

paintball pump/compressor

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
paintball pump/compressor

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:46 am

Recently I built a full-auto bb gun with valve-less, 30 bb mag.
It works way much better than any airsoft AEG I have ever tried, But I got a problem, for the gun work correctly, I need a constant 150 psi air source, But I only have a 0.5 L bottle that I can charge up to 1000 psi with my fridge compressor, then with a regulator to reduce to 150. As the compressor isn´t portable, only one bottle of air is not enough for one afternoon of shooting.
So I thought of making a portable pump that is able for 150 bar or a compressor that can charge up to 3000 psi. About the pump I´d like to know what diameter I shout use, and I found this compressor on net, looks great, a little expensive though :roll: . In principle I would like to make the pump.
Site of the compressor: http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/
Thx

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am

That compressor needs at least 85 psi at the inlet - so you need a regular air compressor to operate it

Probably all you need is just a small bore stirrup pump

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 am

I know, will a 1/2 copper tube work?

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 am

I would use galvanized steel or iron. Just to be safe. But the ridges in side may be a problem unless you use a pipe nipple.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 am

I think copper is enough, but anyway have anybody made a 3000 psi pump with copper tubes? I think I can find stainless steel tubes too.

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:38 am

wyz2285 wrote:I think copper is enough, but anyway have anybody made a 3000 psi pump with copper tubes? I think I can find stainless steel tubes too.

the highest pressure from a home made pump iv seen is 1000psi, that was by saefroch i believe, that don't mean is impossible but would never try make one, if you do i suggestbuying a check valve that can handle it.

Last edited by Crna Legija on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 am

Have you thought of actually buying a scuba tank? If you look around you can get a second hand one in good condition for much less than 100 euros.

I'm sure that there's plenty of dive supply shops in Portugal that will refill it for a small fee, they charge me 5 euros for my 8 litre tank at 300 bar/4500 psi. If you have one close by it work out more worthwhile.

There are some pretty affordable commercial stirrup pumps out there too.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:05 am

Actually yes there are some paintball stores around, But I really like to have something at home that can charge to 150 bar, so I don´t have to go out each time I runs out of air :roll: . Where do you think I can find a scuba tank? never seen one though. That pump you linked only selles to U.S, as most of these stuff.

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:22 am

wyz2285 wrote:each time I runs out of air :roll:

With a reasonably sized SCUBA tank, that won't happen frequently.

From an airgun forum:

someone called Vakeiros wrote:here in portugal just need to have your tank in order (hidro and visual test) and they fill... try a paintball house or even a fire department.

Personaly i go to a fire department.

I bought mine from a gun shop. Do you live near the coast? If so it should be easy to find a dive shop, alternatively find a shop which sells PCPs or Paintball gear, they might not have them in stock but will direct you to a suitable outlet. As above, you might want to try your local fire department.

"emergência! emergência!"

"onde está o fogo?"

"Nenhum fogo, eu ficar sem ar!"

:D :D :D

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 am

Heres a tip. Here in alabama, I went to a sporting goods called Dicks (nothing sexual about it anyone...) and I bought some biodegradable air soft bbs. I spotted a co2 coil hose with a regulator and I was going to get it till I saw this, http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... 27.4414442

It comes with a regulator attached that withstands up to 6,000 psi (perfect for just about any gun) and the max regulation is 850 psi. Its compressed air not co2. I think it should last awhile, just look around the web site, they have multiple tanks and what not.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 am

What gun do you have that uses 850 psi? There are cheaper ones on amazon.com too.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 am

warhead052 wrote:Heres a tip. Here in alabama, I went to a sporting goods called Dicks (nothing sexual about it anyone...) and I bought some biodegradable air soft bbs. I spotted a co2 coil hose with a regulator and I was going to get it till I saw this, http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... 27.4414442

It comes with a regulator attached that withstands up to 6,000 psi (perfect for just about any gun) and the max regulation is 850 psi. Its compressed air not co2. I think it should last awhile, just look around the web site, they have multiple tanks and what not.

You do understand that the regulator is not externally adjustable? The tank must be empty to remove the regulator bonnet for adjustment.

Factory setting may be 850psi...but they can be adjusted higher or lower. Have seen as high as 2000psi and as low as 400psi.

Adjustment is either by changing springs, shims and/or belleville washer arrangement. Accurate adjustment will also require a test rig with gauge, and filling the tank to at least whatever the reg set point is for verification. If another adjustment is required...you empty the tank again. Can go through a LOT of air/N2 doing this before you get it "right".

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:32 am

Yeah, I know. Just saying there are other options then building an air pump.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Personaly i go to a fire department.

I bought mine from a gun shop. Do you live near the coast? If so it should be easy to find a dive shop, alternatively find a shop which sells PCPs or Paintball gear, they might not have them in stock but will direct you to a suitable outlet. As above, you might want to try your local fire department.

"emergência! emergência!"

"onde está o fogo?"

"Nenhum fogo, eu ficar sem ar!"

:D :D :D

Ahahahahah nice one jack :D didn´t know that they fill co2 tanks.
But I´m still going to make a pump for 150 bar, so I can pump a 0.5 L bottle to a decent pressure :)

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion