Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Leaking :(

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Leaking :(

Unread postAuthor: Alster370 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 pm

My blowgun is sadly leaking at a pathetic 50psi, which is surprising as I assumed it would be able to withstand at least 200. It did say max 30psi on the box so I guess I bought the wrong make here.

To make things worse my pressure washer is leaking at pretty much 5 psi, which is shoddy. After a 220 psi shot it turned like this, despite it being rated for 2500psi.

So what im really looking for is ways to fix my leaking problems. Eg modifications/checks I can do to stop such low pressure leakage. I think the pressure washer has its pin stuck possibly? so its constantly open. As for the blowgun, I believe its just because thats its actual limit, and there is no fault with it. This is rather annoying as its putting 2 projects on hold that I cant wait to show to the forum.

Thanks

Alster370
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Silly question, is it connected the right way round?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: saefroch » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Those blowgun valves will hold together and seal until they become almost impossible to open under the pressure... if they're connected correctly. Have you identified where the leak is coming from exactly?

saefroch
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Alster370 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 pm

The blowgun is yes. It has a shrader valve epoxied into the input thread. ( Its cured fully and isn't leaking) I also didn't push it in much , so to not interfere with the mechanicals inside. I was just filling it on its own( basically half of the blowgun inside) and making sure the epoxy was sealing the shrader in correctly.

I know that the pressure washer is leaking out of the output side of the valve, but I shall have to check the blowgun.

Alster370
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion