Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: auxiliary, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Higher psi's

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Note that some shock pumps with moulded plastic parts can fail when pumping up larger chambers. This is because the heating of the air as you compress it, weakens the plastic to the point of failure.

Shock pumps are really only suited to pen-guns and the like... You're better off with a homemade floor pump for larger stuff.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: destronx » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:11 pm

if you can send me the desing too ill be more than happy
I can send a design if necessary. Wink

Unread postAuthor: farmerboy32 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 pm

many junk yards will let you have the fridge compressor for real cheap because they scrap everything anyways. i payed 5$ for my pump :D

Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Tallahassee » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 pm

The pump design is something like this. I don't have any CAD programs so Paint will have to do. I suggest using thick(1/4''?) o-rings to optimize the seal and minimize the chance of o-ring failure. Most hardware stores sell 1/4'' NPT hoses with the fitting already attached. It may be tough, but find a thread-on Schrader coupling for 1/4''.

copper pump.JPG
This is identical to a bolt/washer piston design without the sealing face. Everything must fit closely otherwise the pump may leak and not pump well.

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion