Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 48 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

trigger mecanism for hammer valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:14 pm

saefroch wrote:In that simulation, the trigger passes through the hammer when it recocks.


What do you mean "passes through"?
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:21 pm

The two solid bodies fail to collide, and instead momentarily occupy the same space.

The mechanism should work as drawn, as long as the little pivoting sear on the hammer (that the trigger passes through) has some give in the direction it would move if the missing collision actually took place. I think that trigger design will also function in single-action mode.
  • 0

POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
User avatar
ramses
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:50 pm
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:34 pm

ramses wrote:The two solid bodies fail to collide, and instead momentarily occupy the same space.


The sequence makes perfect sense to me, either I'm missing something or the animation seems to work differently from where you're standing :?

I've highlighted the key components, where doesn't it work?
  • 0

Attachments
triggersequence.PNG
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: saefroch » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:28 am

Between the last and first images, watch closely. The blue trigger must pass through the green part.
  • 0

User avatar
saefroch
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.- See Map
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:36 am

Not really, it can be pushed back down - all you'd need to do is change the position of the stop, n'est-ce pas?
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 am

Thx jack for that animation, even through it needs a lot of right springs :?
currently my gun has a recock+reload action, so only one pull on the bolt will recock the hammer and reload a ammo. It´s doesn´t take much time at all, but I have to remove my eye from the scope :roll:
Between the last and first images, watch closely. The blue trigger must pass through the green part.

true, and the green part needs a stronger spring to push it down than the main spring of the hammer i think
  • 0

User avatar
wyz2285
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:50 am
Location: Porto, Portugal
Country: Portugal (pt)
Reputation: 12

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 am

wyz2285 wrote:Thx jack for that animation, even through it needs a lot of right springs :?
currently my gun has a recock+reload action, so only one pull on the bolt will recock the hammer and reload a ammo. It´s doesn´t take much time at all, but I have to remove my eye from the scope :roll:
Between the last and first images, watch closely. The blue trigger must pass through the green part.

true, and the green part needs a stronger spring to push it down than the main spring of the hammer i think


When shooting a .22 bolt action from a bench, I don't remove my eye from the scope at all. I can get off a decent shot about once per 2 seconds.
  • 0

POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
User avatar
ramses
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:50 pm
Reputation: 3

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 am

I´m not so experienced as most of you :roll:
  • 0

User avatar
wyz2285
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:50 am
Location: Porto, Portugal
Country: Portugal (pt)
Reputation: 12

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

cron
Reputation System ©'