Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 37 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Airsoft gun design

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Airsoft gun design

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Hey everyone, I have been chasing down designs for airsoft guns for the past 8-9 months, and I have reached a verdict, and I just wanted to check up. I was going to make a gun like this: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/i-too-h ... 21039.html but machining the parts would be WAY too expensive. So I have decide that I will use a bolt action airsoft rifle (spring powered) and modify it to be pneumatic.

I will take out the spring assembly, and attach a QEV to the nozzle of the loading system, and hide the chamber in the lower receiver, what do all of you think?

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE IT IF SOMEONE HAS AN OLD AIRSOFT GUN FOR SALE/TRADE HAS TO BE SPRING POWERED SNIPER RIFLE, AND HAS TO WORK!! Thanks!!

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

... I don't think you can fit all that stuff in an airsoft body.
Maybe just a QEV and blowgun pilot... but probably not a cylinder and three way, unless you buy Clippard parts.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Gun Freak wrote:... I don't think you can fit all that stuff in an airsoft body.
Maybe just a QEV and blowgun pilot... but probably not a cylinder and three way, unless you buy Clippard parts.

I'm not fitting all of that inside the gun. I am fitting a small chamber, and a QEV, that's it. I said that' what I WAS going to do

Last edited by evanmcorleytv on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Me have the need to polish my engrish.

Sounds like a plan.

OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 pm

What about this inside of the bolt? That way you don't even have to pull the bolt back, or really even replace any of the parts. Just let the blow forward bolt slide into the hop up chamber where the mag is and it should work.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:16 pm

That's... Actually not a bat idea... Might be difficult to construct the bolt and install it though...

OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Nah, just do the same thing but in sniper form.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:29 pm

warhead052 wrote:What about this inside of the bolt? That way you don't even have to pull the bolt back, or really even replace any of the parts. Just let the blow forward bolt slide into the hop up chamber where the mag is and it should work.

Because of looks, speed and air usage. I would like my sniper rifle to look nice, feel heavy, look somewhat real, use minimal air, and be efficient in both power, and speed. I also don't want to have to machine parts, and when bratty 9 year-olds ask me how I made it, I can show them how to do it, instead of saying "it's too expensive for you." And starting a stupid argument.. whoa.. Got a little carried away there.. haha

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Honestly the design Warhead posted will be more practical than a QEV. That's not the only good one though, I made a pretty cool detent bbmg. It is efficient air-wise, accurate, powerful, and looks cool.

OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Evan, its better to say "Its too expensive and time consuming for you to make your own. How about you buy one from me." That way you earn money. See what I am talking about? But I agree with Gun freak, the designs I posted are much more effective, and less space consuming. I can get you in touch with a local CNC shop, literally a mile from my house, if you want. I don't think it would cost you very much either.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 pm

warhead052 wrote:Evan, its better to say "Its too expensive and time consuming for you to make your own. How about you buy one from me." That way you earn money. See what I am talking about? But I agree with Gun freak, the designs I posted are much more effective, and less space consuming. I can get you in touch with a local CNC shop, literally a mile from my house, if you want. I don't think it would cost you very much either.

Every time I've said "why don't you buy one" they always say what you expect "I don't have enough money!! WAAAH!!" and that gets old FAST. second.. I checked with my local mill and machine shop, and they said 80 dollars for machining, plus raw materials, plus finishing, plus tax.. (about 150 dollars) and for that, I could make this design, and Gun Freak, since this is a sniper rifle, I need POWER, and dependability, and something that would be INCREDIBLY east to repair on the battlefield, which is why I designed this model..

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:14 am

Well, last I know of Kuba_T1000's model is still running with out a problem. I think we need JSR to tell you what the better option is.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 am

if you can only get compressor pressure (around 10 bar) I would go with a 1/4 qev+3-way (do you have a proper air tank? ), they should fit more or less like this
don´t try to use a homemade sniper in a real airsoft war, it just does worth all the work, professional airsoft sniper rifles have very good muzzle energy and velocity, and accurate. Without a proper barrel (ex. 6mm ID steel tube, aluminum or cooper aren´t strong enough.) you have no chance to fight a airsoft war full of AEGs

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cammyd32 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Well, last I know of Kuba_T1000's model is still running with out a problem. I think we need JSR to tell you what the better option is.

*shines epoxy tub silhouette into the cloudy night sky*

:lol:

Hopefully someone will get the joke there...

cammyd32
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 pm

wyz2285 wrote:if you can only get compressor pressure (around 10 bar) I would go with a 1/4 qev+3-way (do you have a proper air tank? ), they should fit more or less like this
don´t try to use a homemade sniper in a real airsoft war, it just does worth all the work, professional airsoft sniper rifles have very good muzzle energy and velocity, and accurate. Without a proper barrel (ex. 6mm ID steel tube, aluminum or cooper aren´t strong enough.) you have no chance to fight a airsoft war full of AEGs

Let me explain the ENTIRE idea here..

1/4 inch QEV
8 inch long by 3/4 inch wide chamber

Chamber is connected to the valve via large vinyl hose

1/4 inch 3-way valve is the inlet, and pilot for valve, and is ALSO
connected via hose

I keep the loading system in a typical spring sniper rifle, so I can have a magazine. I will use a simple spring rifle, like this one: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-JG-VSR10-366.htm
BUT I take out the spring assembly, and connect the QEV to the outlet nozzle, and then fit everything into the plastic body.\

I use a paintball sized CO2 tank, or an air compressor for the gas

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion