Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

qev and slide valve semi auto?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 am

MrCrowley wrote:1 - How hot, how long?

Not too hot. Too much heat will cause a metal chamber for example to expand and pull away from the epoxy endcap, it doesn't show visually until you pressurise it and it starts leaking...

I typically go for "high ambient temperature", 35-45ºC

2 - How much curing time do you save?

At the above temperature a part will cure fully in 8-10 hours as opposed to the usual 24.

I'd love to reduce curing time for epoxies but seeing as you don't do it at home, you either don't own an oven or a conventional oven is not appropriate.

Aside from not wishing to use the same oven for foodstuffs and spudgun parts, as I said very high temperatures are generally not desireable, and most kitchen ovens can't really keep the correct temperature range.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion