Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Semi Auto Revolver

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Semi Auto Revolver

Unread postAuthor: DerpWithAGun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 am

Hey guys!

I'm getting a $1400 machine that has a lathe and a mill all in one and I was planing to get one of those Nerf Maverick Revolvers and use the body and cylinder mechanism to make a nice semi auto pellet gun.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm going to be gutting the whole gun except the trigger and it's cylinder spinning mechanism. I want to have a small air chamber inside that will take around 600 - 1000 psi and the pressure needs to last for at least 18 powerful shots (over 800 fps) and for the valve I was thinking an improved version of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf4t9EnXxrs

After I complete this project I'm going to finish off my rifle and maybe (if I can get some decent plans) make a full auto once I get better at using the lathe and mill.

Here is a video of what I'm aiming for on the Revolver except without Co2 and instead of shooting darts, pellets.

Thanks guys all help is appreciated!

DerpWithAGun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: pneumaticcannons » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:21 am

When I took mine apart I noticed that the rotating cylinder seals with the gun when the piston slides forward and also pushes against the cylinder to form a seal. You are probably going to want to make a mechanism that blows forward with the pressure(not too hard remember the gun is plastic :o ). For the hammer valve setup, will he trigger cock the hammer back like in non blowback pellet guns?

ramicaza <- My Youtube Channel
pneumaticcannons
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: DerpWithAGun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:27 am

What do you mean by blows forward?
I'm going to make it so that when you pull the trigger the cylinder will rotate and just as you squeeze the trigger to it's maximum it will push a lever back which will open the valve momentarily. That's my basic idea of what I want. Simple and effect. I'm no expert either but if you can get me some plans for an effective and simple design that can be easily made with a lathe I'll be very happy. Maybe a design like a conventional pellet pistol.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm gonna go for something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6vr4QCIeH4

DerpWithAGun
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: pneumaticcannons » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 am

the gun has a piston inside that does two things, shoots the dart, and also pushes the cylinder (in which the piston is enclosed) forward which momentarily seals the piston/cylinder assembly to the rotating cylinder which carries the barrels.

ramicaza <- My Youtube Channel
pneumaticcannons
Major
Major

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion