Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Garden hose valve?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Garden hose valve?

Unread postAuthor: josephlys » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 am

Is a garden hose valve any good. Does it let sufficient compressed air out upon release? & can it stand 100psi of pressure?

http://nerfhaven.com/homemade/zero_cutlass/

josephlys
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

It all depends on what you want done with it. The questions are just a little vague.

Does it allow sufficient air passage? Yes and no. Depends on the launcher. Can it hold 1oopsi? Maybe.

If you are looking to build a Nerf gun, then these have been shown to work. But if you're looking to put a golf ball through a cinder block, then I wouldn't bet on it working.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:53 pm

They will hold 100 PSI, and I saw your other thread about this VERY same thing. Please don't post multiple threads on the same subject. Also, why don't you just use a modified sprinkler valve? They are WAY more powerful, and are MUCH easier to understand than a lot of "noobs" think. Good luck!!

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: josephlys » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:19 am

Sorry I was too eager for an answer. Anyway I haven't noticed a sprinkler valve at my local harware stores or marts. Options are ball-valves and garden hose nozzels. Im not looking to get insane amounts of power, just something that'll shoot paintballs or naildarts. I was looking for enough power expelled from the nozzel that would give a light dart or paintball a flat trajectory at 15yards...etc and have a dart stick to a tree.
Do garden spary nozzels offer that? Or do they send projectiles in a rainbow trajt. Thanks for your help

josephlys
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion