Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 73 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, YaCy [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

PCP build.

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 pm

warhead052 wrote:Well, hate to say it but there won't be time for any updates on the build over the next few days... I will be designing some valve's for this, and if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do for a valve let me know. If I make any progress I will let you guys know.

I actually made myself a hammer valve the other day.. I worked EXTREMELY well at low pressure, so I think that it should do the job for you.. I can show you how I made it, or just make you one.. I'll even do it for free!! It's so effective that I'm using it to pilot my QEV rifle.

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Goats spudz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 pm

hey warhead do you have access to a welder? if so i would suggest welding on a trigger.

Where's my Chuck key?

Goats spudz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Goats, I do, but I can't use it. Its off limits to me until my grandfather teaches me how to use it properly.

Evan, let me message you ok?

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cowscankill » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I've been looking for a little bit now, but I can't seem to find a ton of resources on exactly how a hammer valve works or how to implement it into a pneumatic gun. I was thinking of starting up another metal air gun project, but I'm having trouble finding the perfect valve for it.

Basically it will be kinda small caliber, probably 1/2", and I've already looked at coaxial and piston valves. I'm just not sure what combination of pieces I should use, and I want to know if the hammer valve is better or not.

cowscankill
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

cowscankill wrote:I've been looking for a little bit now, but I can't seem to find a ton of resources on exactly how a hammer valve works or how to implement it into a pneumatic gun. I was thinking of starting up another metal air gun project, but I'm having trouble finding the perfect valve for it.

Basically it will be kinda small caliber, probably 1/2", and I've already looked at coaxial and piston valves. I'm just not sure what combination of pieces I should use, and I want to know if the hammer valve is better or not.

A 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch QEV sounds perfect for your project, and you should still be able to stay on the cheap side.

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion