Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Simple Semi Automatic Concept

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: sagthegreat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 pm

high pressure as in?
for me high pressure is 300psi
for jsr it could be 1000psi
so what exactly is high pressure :P

sagthegreat
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:16 pm

300 psi would work but you'd need a bigger chamber and quicker valve. We're gradually making our way to hammer valve grounds...

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 am

from another thread:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:48 am

We're gradually making our way to hammer valve grounds...

Or use it to pilot a QEV for more power...
Jack, he is looking for simple semi, the first link is a pistol, the second need a well made air tight detent, maybe kind difficult.

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: sagthegreat » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:15 am

the second one looks great
thanks jsr :)

sagthegreat
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Didn´t know if I should open a new thread, as I only have one diagram to show but it´s a new way to mod a QEV for semi/full operation.
As the diagram shows, the piston housing is not a tube, but conical, so in the initial position, the piston/housing is almost air tight fit so it can be piloted by a small valve, but once open, the fit between them will increase, allowing the piston to self-close(I hope).
For this to work properly, the only critical part is the conical housing, to sharp or to dull, the piston will close too fast or will dump all the air out of chamber.

Attachments
auto piston.png
auto piston.png (10.87 KiB) Viewed 208 times
CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cammyd32 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:12 pm

wyz2285 wrote:Didn´t know if I should open a new thread, as I only have one diagram to show but it´s a new way to mod a QEV for semi/full operation.
As the diagram shows, the piston housing is not a tube, but conical, so in the initial position, the piston/housing is almost air tight fit so it can be piloted by a small valve, but once open, the fit between them will increase, allowing the piston to self-close(I hope).
For this to work properly, the only critical part is the conical housing, to sharp or to dull, the piston will close too fast or will dump all the air out of chamber.

I don't know about full auto, but semi would probably work.
But as you said I think that the speed at which the valve closes would be an issue because it would allow only a small volume of air to pass into the pilot, meaning that the pilot pressure would be less than the chamber pressure so in effect the sealing face would fail and you would get a very fast oscillating effect on the piston.
I can probably whack up a quick animation if you don't get what I mean, but yea anyway should you get the cone right then it could work, but flow to the pilot would be your main concern.
( btw sorry if I've missed something stupidly obvious here, and have just made myself look like a fool :wink: )

cammyd32
Captain
Captain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:31 pm

the speed at which the valve closes would be an issue because it would allow only a small volume of air to pass into the pilot, meaning that the pilot pressure would be less than the chamber pressure so in effect the sealing face would fail and you would get a very fast oscillating effect on the piston.

This is my main concern, if the conical housing is to dull, the piston won´t open for enough time, only a very fast oscillating.
But it can be solved by a sharper housing, the piston will open for longer time.
You are wrong here: it would allow only a small volume of air to pass into the pilot, in this case it will work, you probably meant allow a big volume of air to pass into the pilot :wink:
I guess I have to build it to try this concept.

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion