Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

help i have some questions

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
help i have some questions

Unread postAuthor: beastmode986 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 pm

ok so for my next project im going to make a .357 semi automatic magazine fed air rifle maybe bolt action anyway i was planning on using a slide valve and qev now my first question is
how would i get the qev to operate at 300 psi? would it break under that pressure?
basically i want to propel my .357 projectile at around 600 fps or more and i was trying to use ggd or whatever it is but its kind of complicated for me....
i want this to be very portable of course so i want to use a 12 oz co2 bottle that i would take the reg off of and screw it onto galvanized pipe and use that as my air chamber then pressurize the tank to 300 psi and use some fittings to thread it to the slide valve and have a 1 inchlong and 1 inch diameter section of galvanized pipe from the''a'' then add an elbow then a 4 inch peice of pipe to the elbow and cap it then onto my next question

what would the id for the barrel be i couldent find it on google but what id would be needed for a .357 pellet?

beastmode986
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: sagthegreat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 pm

The Qev will take 300 psi. But using a coke bottle is very dangerous. Using just galvanized pipe would be better. And .357 would be .357 inches?

sagthegreat
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Tallahassee » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 pm

sagthegreat wrote:But using a coke bottle is very dangerous.

I don't think a 12 ounce CO2 bottle counts a a "coke bottle" :lol: The CO2 bottle would be fine but I would be worried about flow. The fittings required would choke the flow horribly. I say go with a decent diameter steel pipe. 1.5'' would do great. Bursting pressure of steel pipe is pretty high. I can't for the life of me find a chart with pressure ratings for common galvanized steel pipe.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Petitlu wrote:My balls are made of lead and weigh 22g but I can make heavier or lighter ...
Mr.Tallahassee
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: beastmode986 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:29 pm

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Benjamin_ ... e_25ct/889

it would shoot those however are my plans correct would they work i probably wont use a co2 bottle then ill just use some galvanized pipe but would it be safe to fill to 300 psi also what size pipe would fit my ammo

beastmode986
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Tallahassee » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:00 pm

You could probably fill galvanized pipe to 700 PSI or higher. 1/4'' Schedule 40 steel pipe is very close. It's inside diameter is about .364''. That's pretty reasonable. That's a .007'' difference which should be a good, tight(relatively) fit.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Petitlu wrote:My balls are made of lead and weigh 22g but I can make heavier or lighter ...
Mr.Tallahassee
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: beastmode986 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 pm

alright thanks for the help

beastmode986
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion