Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 46 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

I need help with a design

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:25 am

From my experience, research isn´t enough. There are things that you will only find out by tests. Per example you know how a QEV works, but I don´t think you can make one that works with a blowgun pilot.
If you just want to have some fun, buy a QEV, use a tire valve for both charge and fire.

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: archie370 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Hey Buddy i made it not as advanced as yours i have semi automatic gun like your with some tweaks of my own but i dont yet have a frame for it nor do i have a high pressure pump to fill it with ... i will be uploading some pictures very soon :) ... i think you under estimated me a little but i dont mind :)

archie370
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm

wyz2285 wrote:From my experience, research isn´t enough. There are things that you will only find out by tests. Per example you know how a QEV works, but I don´t think you can make one that works with a blowgun pilot.
If you just want to have some fun, buy a QEV, use a tire valve for both charge and fire.

Sound advice for any beginner, I wish people would just take the hands on approach to this hobby as apposed to just building off a plan or parts list. It not only teaches people how-to be build a creation that they can truly call their own, but also inspires creativity that can lead to new consepts and designs for the forum.

Most people want to jump straight into the semi-auto super gun, which albeit is easier with the cheap Chinese valves that have sprouted up on eBay, but doesn't teach anything. It's worth it to start with something anyone can understand such as a ball valve or an unmodified sprinkler and then work your way up

I love lamp
Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: archie370 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Thats exactly right buddy :) ^^ ... you have to start somewhere but you start, at a stage where you feel it is hard but not impossible and you work on it ... and that is what i did with some help of Wyz2285 ... :) im gonna upload my QEV and Pilot valve for everyone (not going to spoon feed but i will help anyone with a similar concept) :)

archie370
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion