Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

"shoebox compressor "

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

"shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Hey guys, just curious if anyone out their has a "shoebox compressor" from
www.shoeboxcompressor.com. They are capable of filling your paintball
tanks/pcp airguns at home to 3000psi - 4500psi, you just connect it up to your average
workshop compressor, and your good to go..No more going to the scuba/dive shop for re-fills! Although the outlay of $650 is a little pricey, (for the belt drive model). I think it would pay for itself in no time, considering that i have priced a Hill 3 stage stirrup pump for $330 (delivered). Plus no more effort pumping forever in a day. (save the pumping for something useful, if ya know what i mean lol).
Please leave comments, sorry i don't have a pic of it here, if
someone would like to upload one to this thread, please do.

P.s..... I reckon jsr or wyz will have a crack at making one lol.

www.shoeboxcompressor.com
  • 0


jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 pm

It's slow...the down side of low power in and high pressure out...but it DOES work...which is good enough for most guys.

They do tend to get noisey when they near the cut off pressure too.
  • 0

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
User avatar
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:14 am
Location: The Great White North...Canada eh!
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Gippeto wrote:It's slow...the down side of low power in and high pressure out...but it DOES work...which is good enough for most guys.

They do tend to get noisey when they near the cut off pressure too.



Would it still be slow filling paintball tanks this size?
They reckon the belt drive model is a lot more quiet than the chain drive.
  • 0

Attachments
ECP_00051.jpg

jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

jonesy42 wrote:I reckon jsr or wyz will have a crack at making one lol.


I have a friend who has his own industrial compressor to fill my SCUBA to 4500 psi :)

Plus no more effort pumping forever in a day.


On the other hand, it's good exercise and as opposed to pumping iron in a gym it's actually useful work ;)
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:38 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
jonesy42 wrote:I reckon jsr or wyz will have a crack at making one lol.


I have a friend who has his own industrial compressor to fill my SCUBA to 4500 psi :)

Plus no more effort pumping forever in a day.


On the other hand, it's good exercise and as opposed to pumping iron in a gym it's actually useful work ;)


How much are those industrial compressor's your friend has roughly?
Big $ i bet, ahh friends with benefits..... I just red on the shoebox compressor
website that it takes 3 minutes to produce 1 cubic inch of air to 4500 psi. eg...
it can fill a benjamin marauder to 2800psi from empty in 18 minutes. Thats not bad
it would probly be okay for filling my smallish paintball tanks.
  • 0

Last edited by jonesy42 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Tallahassee » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 pm

3.5 hours for a 68 cubic inch paintball tank isn't too bad. Although, at 400 watts, it's going to be a decent amount on your power bill if you use it a lot. It's actually not a bad idea if you have limited or no access to filling stations.
  • 0

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Petitlu wrote:My balls are made of lead and weigh 22g but I can make heavier or lighter ...
User avatar
Mr.Tallahassee
Major
Major
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:15 am

Mr.Tallahassee wrote:3.5 hours for a 68 cubic inch paintball tank isn't too bad. Although, at 400 watts, it's going to be a decent amount on your power bill if you use it a lot. It's actually not a bad idea if you have limited or no access to filling stations.


Yes, drawing 400w it would become very expsensive if you
were to use it regularly or daily, but for my situation it would come in
very handy indeed, might have to save my pennies and get one i think. :wink:
  • 0


jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:16 am

jonesy42 wrote:How much are those industrial compressor's your friend has roughly?
Big $ i bet, ahh friends with benefits...


Yup... I don't ask him how he finances these things :)
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
jonesy42 wrote:How much are those industrial compressor's your friend has roughly?
Big $ i bet, ahh friends with benefits...


Yup... I don't ask him how he finances these things :)



All good man, hey while your here... i just bought an airsoft silencer for
my 6mm qev rifle. Its 200mm x 40mm, do you know if they work okay?
  • 0


jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:51 am

jonesy42 wrote:i just bought an airsoft silencer for
my 6mm qev rifle. Its 200mm x 40mm, do you know if they work okay?


dimensions are about right but how does it look like on the inside?
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Tallahassee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 am

jonesy42 wrote:
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
jonesy42 wrote:How much are those industrial compressor's your friend has roughly?
Big $ i bet, ahh friends with benefits...


Yup... I don't ask him how he finances these things :)



All good man, hey while your here... i just bought an airsoft silencer for
my 6mm qev rifle. Its 200mm x 40mm, do you know if they work okay?
Haha! Airsoft silencer. Kinda useless in most cases since most are clunky spring powered guns. That is, unless it happens to be a CO2 or Green Gas airsoft gun. As long as it was intended for the gas airsoft guns, it should work fine.
  • 0

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Petitlu wrote:My balls are made of lead and weigh 22g but I can make heavier or lighter ...
User avatar
Mr.Tallahassee
Major
Major
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 am
Reputation: 0

Re: "shoebox compressor "

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:17 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
jonesy42 wrote:i just bought an airsoft silencer for
my 6mm qev rifle. Its 200mm x 40mm, do you know if they work okay?


dimensions are about right but how does it look like on the inside?


The silencer has a 14mm clockwise female thread, that screws on to a male grub screw adaptor (bought seperate). You slide the adaptor on your airsoft barrel and tighten the grub screw, then connect silencer to it.
  • 0

Last edited by jonesy42 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:27 am

Does it have baffles though, or is it just a hollow tube?

Here's what a typical airgun silencer looks like inside, hair curlers, washers and sound absorbing scouring pads ;)
  • 0

Attachments
175760936pi3.jpg
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: jonesy42 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:33 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Does it have baffles though, or is it just a hollow tube?

Here's what a typical airgun silencer looks like inside, hair curlers, washers and sound absorbing scouring pads ;)




Dont know, it has not arrived yet lol, just thought you may have come across them before.
Its called an airsoft M4 nato 200x40mm silencer off ebay $27.00.

Update: does have foam baffling or similar.
  • 0


jonesy42
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:53 am

My advice is take it apart when it arrives and we'll see how it can be improved ;)
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'