Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 51 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

check valve needed in piston

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
check valve needed in piston

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 pm

I was looking at my piston ( I didnt make it) nd there is a tiny hole drilled towards the top of it. And inside the coupler there is a washer with a groove cut in it ,, does this help seal it better ???

I thought this is why o rings are there please help

jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:52 am

A photo would help.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 am

Its there so the piston can talk to you and tell you when its not sealing properly.... :roll: :roll:

Go Bruins!!!!
mattyzip77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: check valve needed in piston

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 pm

jsefcik wrote:I was looking at my piston ( I didnt make it) nd there is a tiny hole drilled towards the top of it. And inside the coupler there is a washer with a groove cut in it ,, does this help seal it better ???

I thought this is why o rings are there please help

That is a equalization hole needed for air to pass from the pilot chamber to the main chamber when filling/pressurizing the cannons chamber.

A check valve is placed/built into the hole to keep launching pressure from escaping through the pilot chamber when the cannon is fired.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Its been sent out to jarrod (machinist on the files ) having. O rings grooves put on em ,,, nd ,, the shops are here are way to pricy. I tryed doing it on a table saw its impossible

Will post pics when I get the pistons back

jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am

You wont see that much of a difference, I M O the sanding drum is the best way to go. You dont have to alter it and its pretty much its own bumper...and they're cheap, $6.99 for 2 of them...A machined piston is lighter faster and looks cool but in the end your not gaining a significant difference for the cannon and housing your using it for....

Go Bruins!!!!
mattyzip77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 am

mattyzip77 wrote:You wont see that much of a difference, I M O the sanding drum is the best way to go. You dont have to alter it and its pretty much its own bumper...and they're cheap, $6.99 for 2 of them...A machined piston is lighter faster and looks cool but in the end your not gaining a significant difference for the cannon and housing your using it for....

I had a sanding drum in unisom minds nd. I had to keep adjusting it was driving me nuts ,, the pvc one that broke the machinist said he shkuld have it done by tuesday putting o ring grooves in it

jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion