Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Sprinkler Valves?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Sprinkler Valves?

Unread postAuthor: PhanBoy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:47 am

I'm planning to build my own pneumatic gun using this instructable
http://www.instructables.com/id/50-Cali ... fle/#step1

But since I'm in Australia, I can't find any of the two sprinkler valves listed in the 'How to mod a sprinker valve' thread
So I'm just wondering does anyone know of usable sprinkler valves that can be bought from Australian stores?

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am

Look on ebay for a quick exhaust valve. Pretty much the same price and work 100 times better.Also look around on the forum. There are lots of how to"s here as well.. 8)

Go Bruins!!!!
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Zeus » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 am

Most Sprinkler valves from Bunnings will do the trick, this fella must be smoking something if he thinks only certain sprinkler valves are good for modding.

But Matty is spot on, I just recently bought another QEV, and despite the fact it's only got 8mm porting, performance is quite respectable at high pressure, so much so that I've got a 3/4" ordered already. Down here, sprinkerls run $20-35, whereas this 3/4" QEV cost me $6. Not to mention you don't need to do anything to them, just attach a pilot, chamber and barrel.

/sarcasm, /hyperbole
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion