Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Iron sight styles

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Iron sight styles

Unread postAuthor: RBurke83 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post but I've been reading the forum for a while. I just finished my 2nd pneumatic launcher but it was my first piston gun. I am planning a wooden stock and trying to figure what design of iron sights would be best. My only experience with firearm sights are the 3 dot 'night sights' commonly found on modern handguns. This design figures not to work for my application as the barrel is probably an inch below sight line due to the larger piston housing. What types of sights do u guys use, AR15 style? TY

RBurke83
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm

For blasting tennis balls and such with my large cannons, none. Most of my projectiles do not fly straight. They weave and wobble in flight.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:58 am

Given the trajectory of most spudguns, something like theM79 sights would seem ideal :)

Some more details of your launcher, what it fires and at what sort of velocity would enable more pertinent advice.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: RBurke83 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks guys, I'll post info on my launcher right now,as I have a few other ideas that I'd like to pick you experts brains before I do anything thats permanent.

RBurke83
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion