Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 55 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Quick Connect to Schrader (rough desgn)

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Quick Connect to Schrader (rough desgn)

Unread postAuthor: RBurke83 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 pm

OK, I've come up with a way to quick connect to my schrader valved launchers. This was done to circumvent my buying a shock pump, and also to utilize things I (and most pneumatic shooters) have lying around the house. I am hoping that members with better equipment can take this rough but working model and refine it! To construct this you will need:
1. Air pump with a female 1/4npt fitting on the end of your hose.
2. Male threaded 1/4npt quick connect female fitting. (came with compressor)
3. Small piece of rod, I used a section of allen key.
4. Female threaded 1/4 npt quick connect male fitting. (came with compressor)
5. Male 1/4npt to female 1/8npt bushing
6. Brass schrader blowgun tip. (came with compressor)
7. Launcher with schrader fill valve.
8. pipe dope or HD teflon tape
9. Epoxy

First find your suitable piece of skinny but strong metal rod. I used a cut off from a small allen key. Using a small bit of epoxy, glue your rod into the small depression at the bottom and inside of the female quick connect. Make sure it's centered so it can eventually pass through your entire set-up and press the pin on the schrader valve. When the epoxy is cured, begin work on the launcher side. Start by threading the 1/4 to 1/8 bushing into the male quick connect fitting. then. thread the schrader tip blowgun attachment into the 1/8th side of the bushing. Thats it! I am going to epoxy the schrader tipped attachment to the schrader valve on the gun, but for now I used lots of teflon tape, as the fitment isn't great between the two. The only issue is that the set-up disconnects so efficiently, you will be left with 3 or 400 psi in your pump hose. This is remedied by pressing your metal rod/quickconnect against something hard which vents the hose.

Good luck and I hope you guys can better my design.

Attachments
IMG_4202.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG
IMG_4204.JPG
IMG_4205.JPG
IMG_4206.JPG
IMG_4207.JPG
IMG_4208.JPG
IMG_4209.JPG
IMG_4211.JPG
IMG_4210.JPG

RBurke83
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:52 am

:D :D :D

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: RBurke83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

Thanks Jack! I can post a vid of the disconnection at 350 psi if you like. Virtually no air comes out, and the pressure in the quick connect shoots the schrader valve 'probe' straight out! I made one alteration, an that is to cut off 2 or 3 mm from the probe end, and place a glob of epoxy to replace the tip, just to have a more solid contact with the pin, and avoid slipping past it.

RBurke83
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 pm

I made the same thing a while back.
Cheapest way: order 1(well they may sell 4 as a package, but very cheap anyway) metal Schrader cap, probably less than 5 dollars with shipping. They already have a rubber washer that offers seal when screwed on the schrader. Drill a 2mm hole in the center of the cap, tap m3 thread in it, screw a m3 screw, then drill holes (1is enough) around the center to allow air flow. Then epoxy the cap inside a 1/4" f fitting and connect what ever you want on the other side of the 1/4 (I used a paintball QD) .
Also I didn't put the m3 screw, I was charging with very high pressure (1000psi) and the air enters by the pressure differential.

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion