Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Modding air chuck hose for quick disconnect?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Modding air chuck hose for quick disconnect?

Unread postAuthor: Kilash » Sun May 12, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm picking up a cheap 12V tire air compressor and I need to know how to modify the existing air chuck into a quick disconnect coupler. Anyone know how?

Kilash
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Yep, see attached diagram.

Those 12V compressors are next to useless... what were you thinking of using it for?

Attachments
soundadvice.PNG
soundadvice.PNG (12.82 KiB) Viewed 763 times
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Mon May 13, 2013 6:48 am

How about get a cheap usefull compressor from homedepot:) the most 100-175 bucks:)

jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 am

If you still need to run on 12 Volts, use a proper sized inverter.

A step up from a 12 volt compressor..

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Kilash » Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 am

Short for cash right now, the one I'm look at is $20 right now. And I need something I can run indoors thats not too loud. Its for a marble gun, so I don't need too much power.

I did have access to 2 nice full size gas air compressors, but they belong to my Pops who is completely against me "playing around" with spud shooters. I got into an argument with him just asking for spare connectors :/. And the only time I can get access to those is when he's not working, which means he's home, which means he's gonna hear me start them up. Its a whole bunch of lemons.

I could perhaps try to get my hands on a spare air tank, and fill it up at the gas station for $2.

Kilash
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon May 13, 2013 10:33 am

Buy yourself a track pump, you should be able to go to at least 150 psi with relative ease and the exercise will do you good ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Kilash » Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 am

Already have one lol, and its the exercise I'm trying to avoid in the first place :roll:. Plus the fact that I really want to get away from schrader valves. Perhaps I can fit the quick connect on the hand pump? Hmmm...

Kilash
Corporal
Corporal

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: jsefcik » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am

Kilash wrote:Already have one lol, and its the exercise I'm trying to avoid in the first place :roll:. Plus the fact that I really want to get away from schrader valves. Perhaps I can fit the quick connect on the hand pump? Hmmm...

Borrow your neighbors ,,, save up the couple extra bucks nd get a good one

jsefcik
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Kilash » Mon May 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Saw a mastercraft 3 gallon for 80 bucks, would that do?

Kilash
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Fri May 17, 2013 12:41 pm

I did have access to 2 nice full size gas air compressors, but they belong to my Pops who is completely against me "playing around" with spud shooters. I got into an argument with him just asking for spare connectors :/. And the only time I can get access to those is when he's not working, which means he's home, which means he's gonna hear me start them up. Its a whole bunch of lemons.

Assuming you're not an adult and your dad is your legal guardian...
You are putting us in a difficult position.
If your Dad is against you playing around with spudguns and you want to do it anyway...that's one thing..

We can't tell if he's ignorant or...he is just watching over his irrisponsable kid...see?

But if we advise you how to break your dads rules...that makes us part of your rebellion...or, depending on your local laws, a crime?

If what you want to do is completely legal where you live we could provide insights for you to get your dads approval ultimately.

Imagine this:
you build/power/launch a cannon with the provided info, against your dads will...and you end up hurting yourself or worse...?
What then?

All the information on this website is free for all, but you should know better than to use it without your parents' consent.
You can't expect us to help you, knowing this.

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: Kilash » Fri May 17, 2013 6:28 pm

^ Brian, I'm in my 20s... and married.

Kilash
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat May 18, 2013 1:50 am

Kilash wrote:Brian, I'm in my 20s...

OK, older, more mature...

and married.

... but not completely sane :D

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Zeus » Sat May 18, 2013 5:04 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
and married.

... but not completely sane :D

Now now Jack, there is the occasional girl worth marrying, mine signed an agreement that what we enter with, we take away, and we're fighting over $50 I gave her, still wants to return it, which I simply won't have.

She's also a raging nympho, and crazy in bed, but this is a PG forum...

Kilash, your pop(I assume dad or grandfather), would he happen to be a democrat, or of a similar political persuasion?

/sarcasm, /hyperbole
Zeus
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Kilash » Sat May 18, 2013 10:37 am

Lol JSR.

Kilash, your pop(I assume dad or grandfather), would he happen to be a democrat, or of a similar political persuasion?

He was brought up a Maoist communist. He lived under a collective economy for 20 years, was an accountant for a textile factory, and has been for all the years I knew him a chronic workaholic. I have no idea what that makes him here.

He's a brilliant handyman, savvy mathematician, and entertaining drunk, but he was one of those infallible father-type that always used the stick and never the carrot. Studying was about the only things he expected me to be doing under his roof, and recreation was downright sin.

But hey, he bought me my first car and he still gives me money, so he's not all that bad :D . I just wish he was more receptive of my hobbies...

In any case, that 3 gallon compressor is on sale right now for 80 bucks, picking it up today :wink: .

Kilash
Corporal
Corporal

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion