Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Help with a constant air 2" nerf rocket cannon

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Help with a constant air 2" nerf rocket cannon

Unread postAuthor: brad0896 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi guys! I have built a couple of pneumatic cannons over the past few years but now I want to step it up a notch. I play milsim airsoft and the game I am going to be playing at I need to make a 2" nerf cannon to be able to take out vehicles. This needs to be something that I can attach a paintball hpa or co2 tank to. I want to go with the single line look similar to a LAW. I understand how to make simple cannons. I was wondering if you guys could help me with the design of a constant air nerf launcher. I attached a pic of something i would want it to look like, i just need to know how to make it a constant air cannon. thanks!

Attachments
mortarround 001.jpg

brad0896
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 pm

What exactly do you mean by constant air cannon?

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: brad0896 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:50 pm

I guess that didn't make much sense lol. I want a constant supply of air going to the air chamber so once I fire ( by moving the ball valve lever down) I can return the ball valve lever to the closed position. Then the air can just fill up the air chamber again. What I need to know is how to limit the amount of air that goes into the air chamber to about 150 psi. Is that even possible? Or should I look into another design. Sorry I really don't know what I am doing on the project but it needs to get done somehow

brad0896
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Ah ok. Gotcha.

I'd start with an HPA tank rather than CO2 because you don't want to freeze your gun. Or you could make it out of metal... But I was going to suggest a pvc chamber filled by a regulated HPA tank. You just have to buy a regulator. I believe Palmer makes some good regulators that will dial it down to the pressure you need. They're called low pressure regulators or stabilizers I believe, just look them up. From there I would use a modded sprinkler valve to keep things simple; that way it would close right away so your chamber can fill up and it is actuated by an actual trigger unlike a ball valve. Then a few feet of 2" PVC nerf vortex barrel and you're all set!

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: brad0896 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

brad0896
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I have an idea in the rough for you but it isnt finished. I am thinking of a little bit of a complicated to make launcher that would employ a burst disk loaded cartrige that if you use it it will need a new "shell" to be breech loaded and a way to charge your inner air tank to a higher pressure to realy launch that sucker fast. Between 100fps-400fps, just a guess, send me a pm and i will give you the rough idea when i am done.
Though i am no jsr or "gun freak" i do have some great ideas i was actualy thinking about a hybrid smaw so i had some spin off ideas.

dart guy
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: tigerblues28 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:22 pm

dart guy wrote:I have an idea in the rough for you but it isnt finished. I am thinking of a little bit of a complicated to make launcher that would employ a burst disk loaded cartrige that if you use it it will need a new "shell" to be breech loaded and a way to charge your inner air tank to a higher pressure to realy launch that sucker fast. Between 100fps-400fps, just a guess, send me a pm and i will give you the rough idea when i am done.
Though i am no jsr or "gun freak" i do have some great ideas i was actualy thinking about a hybrid smaw so i had some spin off ideas.

Dart: I don't think a cartridge burst disk would be the best idea. seems expensive and a little slow to use in war.
I agree with gun freak and go with a modded Sprinkler valve with a breach.
Nick

tigerblues28
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion