Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Air Tank

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Air Tank

Unread postAuthor: Talk » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm about to start working for my second gun, what i want to ask is what do i need for making long range shots?
The air source is an air tank that I'll make myself
specs:
length: 29 inches
diameter: 8.2 cm/3.25 inches
I'm adding a normal tension spring with a piston inside the tank so the rate at which the compressed air comes out doubles
Ammo will be Darts,paintballs,metal bb,marbles
do i need to make any changes or this is enough to make shots as far as 250+ meters?

Attachments
tank.jpg
tank.jpg (33.36 KiB) Viewed 444 times
Talk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:11 pm

The idea of a 'piston' type chamber has been floated on the forum for a long time but I've never seen it implemented with any tangible benefit, not sure if you would see much difference in performance to be honest but if you do try it out, it would be interesting to see the difference between the perfmance with piston fitted and removed.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Talk » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:The idea of a 'piston' type chamber has been floated on the forum for a long time but I've never seen it implemented with any tangible benefit, not sure if you would see much difference in performance to be honest but if you do try it out, it would be interesting to see the difference between the perfmance with piston fitted and removed.

can you tell me what kind of trigger would be the best to release pressure at 500/600 psi?

Talk
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:56 pm

makes more sence to talk about a how the pnumatics will work. A sliding valve and a qev(a milled qev) if you look around i have an idea for an l96 look at that first it may give you some ideas. also a regulator is needed to have multi shots of constant data. also that may have been a better pm.

dart guy
Major
Major

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion