Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 76 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Schrader Valve Flow Cv

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Schrader Valve Flow Cv

Unread postAuthor: cammyd32 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Unable to produce the tests to generate my own data, I've been scouring the internet for some time looking for some raw data that I could use to calculate flow coefficient of a simple Schrader valve for quite some time.
After my searches being fruitless for quite a while now recently I found a single piece of information that helped me:
Flow rate through Schrader valve with 8bar supply pressure= 157L/min (2.6L/s)

Initially used on a forum for calculating something or another to do with homemade scuba gear,* or something of the sorts, the test compromised of putting constant pressure through a fully opened Schrader valve and timing how long it took to fill a 20l bag.

By converting the units to cubic feet per hour, and thus by using using the equation "Cv = q [SG (T + 460)]1/2/ 660 pi" (thank you engineers toolbox) I got the result:

Which should make the Cv of a schrader valve out at around: 0.12

As soon as I can get my own equipment to test the valve coefficient accurately and so get a more reliable figure for it I will, but until then this makes a good alternative to simply guessing a Schraders valve coefficient, and would be a better than guestimate figure to put into GGDT or the equivalent for people attempting to simulate a Schrader valve in their design.
Alternately if anyone has a good alternate value (and tells me I am massively wrong) I would love to hear it, as searches have returned nothing, even from schraders own site, and the data I have used is less than reliable for the function I used it for.

Thankee all :)

*There were other results that were posted, but the others had different variations in connection and had some manner of restriction between the valve and the tank so I decided to disregard these

cammyd32
Captain
Captain

Re: Schrader Valve Flow Cv

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:46 am

Nicely done!

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Schrader Valve Flow Cv

Unread postAuthor: Gleedaniel13 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Unable to produce the tests to generate my own data, I've been scouring the internet for some time looking for some raw data that I could use to calculate flow coefficient of a simple Schrader valve for quite some time.
After my searches being fruitless for quite a while now recently I found a single piece of information that helped me:

Flow rate through Schrader valve with 8bar supply pressure= 157L/min (2.6L/s)

Initially used on a forum for calculating something or another to do with homemade scuba gear,* or something of the sorts, the test compromised of putting constant pressure through a fully opened Schrader valve and timing how long it took to fill a 20l bag.

By converting the units to cubic feet per hour, and thus by using using the equation "Cv = q [SG (T + 460)]1/2/ 660 pi" (thank you engineers toolbox) I got the result:

Which should make the Cv of a schrader valve out at around: 0.12

This is very amazing having this incredible things done. :lol:

Gleedaniel13
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion