Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 35 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Semi-auto paintball gun idea?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Semi-auto paintball gun idea?

Unread postAuthor: Pyroteddies » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm

So basically, the gun i want to make is a semi auto paintball gun, i want it to be bolt action, but i need to know how to connect the hopper to the inlet for the balls. Also what my idea is, is that ill have a 12 volt air compressor in a backback with a power source connected to an air tank via hose( the tank is on the gun) this tank will be connected to a 150 psi regulator, and later on down the pipe a modded sprinkler valve, will it work? Other suggestions/ideas much appreciated :o

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Pyroteddies
Private
Private

Re: Semi-auto paintball gun idea?

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 am

some points:

- bolt action and semi-auto are two different things

- 12 volt air compressors are generally quite bad, though there have been some builds with tiny chambers using them. I would say a regulated paintball tank is a better idea.

- A Quick Exhaust Valve is a better idea than a sprinkler valve. See here: how-to-database/topic23626.html

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Pyroteddies » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 pm

:o Thanks! but the about this gun is i want a trigger on the gun and th QEV needs a slide valve which is inconvenient with the way i need to hold it. But as for future builds ill definatley use that valve, and for the whole bolt action/ semi automatic thing i meant a multi-shot gun with a bolt action reload system.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Pyroteddies
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Pyroteddies wrote:th QEV needs a slide valve which is inconvenient with the way i need to hold it.

By no means. Certainly, a slide valve is one of the better options, but they can be piloted in any number of ways.

It's also perfectly possible to plumb in a trigger all over the place. This uses a slide valve as the trigger, despite the QEV it's piloting* being right at the rear of the launcher - there's just tubing running down the left side of the launcher to connect the two.

*And the piston valve that then pilots... to be honest, it's grossly excessive, but it works.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion