Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 77 users online :: 5 registered, 1 hidden and 71 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Best (or cheapest and easiest) way to regulate a 20oz CO2

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Best (or cheapest and easiest) way to regulate a 20oz CO

Unread postAuthor: Humancarpentry » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:36 am

Here are a few pics of the first prototype. I have temorarily put a Shrader valve in the back of it to fill it up to 100 psi with my tire inflator air compressor. The PVC is all schedule 40 rated 220psi or above. I am just waiting on one final thread adapter to hook up my Palmer rock reg with a CO2 tank.

So far, filled to 100 psi, I can fire a potato chunk about 150 yards into the ocean. So, for my paintballing purposes, I will probably chrono it filled with 50 paintballs in a Sabot and then with a medium sized paint grenade as well. I am guessing I won't need much more than 80 psi, judging by the muzzle velocity I got on that potato.

If anyone is wondering, I am using the Orbit Jar-top 1" sprinkler valve trigger modified as according to this excellent guide here:

http://thehalls-in-bfe.com/GGDT/library ... 1_mod.html

Not sure who made that guide, but it is perfect and I wouldn't be surprised if they are a member here...

Attachments
IMG_20140112_215111_465.jpg
IMG_20140112_214957_703.jpg
IMG_20140112_215025_664.jpg
IMG_20140116_133901_466.jpg
Testing it out...

Humancarpentry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:27 am

Humancarpentry wrote:Not sure who made that guide, but it is perfect and I wouldn't be surprised if they are a member here...

The man, the legend.

Basic but well put together :) I doubt a paint grenade would survive being shot out of the barrel unless you were using very low pressure.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Humancarpentry » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:39 pm

I'll likely encase the grenades in a very simple cardboard sabot. With my old combustion cannon, I just used a dixie cup, which worked well. Most paint grenades are pretty durable as they are made from latex tubing.

Humancarpentry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion