Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MCRKilljoy, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

QEV is this needed

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
QEV is this needed

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:30 am

I currently have made an airgun, just a basic air tank - slide valve - QEV - barrel, with a small cylinder the approx volume of barrel and space in QEV.

It is not fully assembled but gives an idea of what I am using. Being such a beginner at all this I have a question for all the knowlegable amongst you, I plan on a Mk2 using a better QEV and was planing on using a button valve/blow gun to actuate the QEV,, my question is, do I still NEED a second cylinder coming from the QEV and is there any bemnefit /disadvantage? or do I just blank this port.

I have ordered a 3000psi 62cu paintball cylinder as my air source as 130psi just wasn't cutting it. I also have the connector that attaches to the gun, just waiting on the line that connects the 2. The regulator on the tank regulates to 800psi, I have seen a Ninja SLO but it seems trese will only fit the 4500 bottles. I will have a gaiuge on the gun so can anyone see a problem using this setup and then just stop filling at maybe 250-300psi? I understand that air regulated to 250 or 300 is better giving more consistency. But as I will tend to be using the gun detached from the tank having a regulator on the tank won't help me, if I used the fun comnnected or could have a small regulator on the gun then that would be ddifferent.

If it turns out the SLO regulator fits the 3000 bottles I will get one, but I don't think they will from what I have been told.

Sorry for all the waffle, what I really want to know is do I still use a secondarY tank on the QEV or just blank the socket off when using a trigger gun rather than a slide valve?

Many thanks Ian

Attachments
WP_20140523_14_03_22_Pro.jpg

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: QEV is this needed

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Please guys, help me out :)

If a were to build a gun and have the full sized compressed air tank connected up to where I currently have the single shot tank, and then use a blow gun type trigger in place of the slide valve, will once the QEV starts to equalize and dump out the air will it empty the tank or will it stop once I remove my finger from the blow valve?

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:05 pm

When filling from pilot side of ANY piston valve as soon as you release the trigger (close the vent) the in-coming air should close the piston re-sealing the storage / supply chamber.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:17 am

OK thanks.

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion