Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

What caliber. and valve?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
What caliber. and valve?

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:37 am

If you were to restart your gun build from scratch what caliber and valve type would you go for and why? I understand different people are looking for different things from their guns.

I would probably go for 6mm ish and a QEV, only as I don't understand/know how to make hammer valves etc.

If using 6mm or there abouts ball bearings as ammo what pressure would you think as ideal 250psi or more? Sorry if this is all too vague to answer, I am just looking for ideas and considering having my paintball regulator output adjusted to a lower/safer limit, as currently I use the paintball tank to fill my gun to the desired pressure, bit like pumping your tires up.

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: What caliber. and valve?

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:37 am

Ianbuckwell wrote:If you were to restart your gun build from scratch what caliber and valve type would you go for and why? I understand different people are looking for different things from their guns.

I would probably go for 6mm ish and a QEV, only as I don't understand/know how to make hammer valves etc.

If using 6mm or there abouts ball bearings as ammo what pressure would you think as ideal 250psi or more? Sorry if this is all too vague to answer, I am just looking for ideas and considering having my paintball regulator output adjusted to a lower/safer limit, as currently I use the paintball tank to fill my gun to the desired pressure, bit like pumping your tires up.

5.5 mm cuz you may use pellets and simply because you will want accuracy to large distances. But i use 6 mm as i may shoot all day long thanks to cheap bb's. I think steel bb;s and pellets has close prices....so go for pellets..........
I'll choose to make a Hammer valve as it is more efficient and durable and because they are 60 % ready made as fire extingusher.
500 psi multishoot hammer valve is good enough for an air gun....250 Psi enough for airsoft... but more pressure...better results.
English Homework done !

come undone
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: What caliber. and valve?

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:06 am

Where is a. Good place to learn about various diyable valvesand pistons etc. As my phone and nexus neither play Flash files, so when I found a great looking thread on here was disappointed as the animations or video I was unable to watch.

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion