Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

what type of valve? 2 position 3 way?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
what type of valve? 2 position 3 way?

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:49 am

I have tried researching, but must animations etc seem to be flash and my phone doesn't support this. So can someone advise me what type of valve I need to replace the slide valve, I would like it to be solenoid operated and large as I am using 12mm ammo.

Many thanks Ian.

Is the diagram below hat I need? If so anyone know a source of cheap large bore versions? Found a 3/8" port one on EBay, just concerns me my supposedly 3/4" QEV from eBay was far smaller

251561068148 ebay item number

Would this worm in place of slide valve? My main concern is that I read on here someone had to modify theirs to allow it to act like a qev

Many thanks.

Attachments
images.png
images.png (6.54 KiB) Viewed 420 times

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: what type of valve? 2 position 3 way?

Unread postAuthor: matti » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Slide valve is a 3/2 valve, so you need a 3/2 valve to replace it like in the diagrams in your post.
Not sure if you can modify those to work like QEV, but why you don't use the 3/2 valve to pilot/fill a larger QEV ?

I'm not sure if I even understand what you are taking about because you did not say where are you going to use this.

matti
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 am

Yep, the plan was to use a 3/2 in place of the slide valve, this would function in 1 position to fill the chamber on the gun and then when in other position use as a pilot for the QEV to fire it.

BTW forgot to say thanks for your help

Anyone know about needing to modifying some, something like they have 2 inputs and 1 out ? Thanks

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: matti » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 am

Ianbuckwell wrote:Yep, the plan was to use a 3/2 in place of the slide valve, this would function in 1 position to fill the chamber on the gun and then when in other position use as a pilot for the QEV to fire it.

BTW forgot to say thanks for your help

Anyone know about needing to modifying some, something like they have 2 inputs and 1 out ? Thanks

Normal 3/2 Directional control valve will work. They have one input, one output for filling, and one for exhaust (pilot).

So normal position fills your chamber from the pilot side of QEV and other position stops filling and pilots the QEV.

If you have problems finding a suitable 3/2 valve, you can also search for 4/2 valves too, they work the same way if you plug one outlet of it. I have used both.

matti
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Ianbuckwell » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks, reassuring to know. Are all of the 3/2 valves the same as in the flow rthrough the port, or are some designed with better flow for our application?

Do the larger valves (1/2 rather than 1/8) have increased internal bores or is it just the threaded ports?

Anyone taken theese over rated 10bar etc and if so how much and how did it hold upp?

Ianbuckwell
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion